Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11

    ***** batteries are crap

    I just ordered 2 ***** LiPo 2200mah 2s 20c batteries Not only did they take 3 MONTHS to get here, but when they did, both batteries IMMEDIATELY didn't work out of the box. After some digging, I found they both had THE SAME poor connection on the positive terminal. I didn't want to waste my money sending them back and waiting another 6 months and paying shipping to send them to/from ching chong land, wherever they came from, for half the price of the batteries, so I opened them up and tried to solder the connections for nearly 3 hours. I was unsuccessful.

    This post has been edited to remove the name of a website that is not allowed on this forum. Please do not mention that site by name here or attempt to link to it.

    Dadx2mj


    I bought these because they seemed to have a good reputation from a few people and some good reviews on their website. Apparently the reviews are fabricated. Buyer beware.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 04-20-2012 at 04:46 PM.

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    175
    I like them.

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jimbo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,617
    just because you got 2 batteries that were bad doesnt mean all are bad.....


    many people run them here without issues, i have 2 3s batts in my aresenal, but have not yet used them yet

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Makg View Post
    I like them.
    +1. I feel for the op because he got stung. I recommend only ordering from the USA warehouse.

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,936
    I recommend investing about $10 more for some quality batteries
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jimbo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
    +1. I feel for the op because he got stung. I recommend only ordering from the USA warehouse.
    how would changing where you ordered it from change the quality of the same product, from the same anufacturer, from the same company?

    it wouldn't... battery connectors are chaep, and easy to install.... its a toy car, if you want somehting you dont have to solder, or work on, get a disposable tyco......

    also, that site is not allowed to be talked about on the traxxas forum. trying to get around the rules will result in disciplinary action from the traxxas forum, and might jeopardize your patronage as a member here.....

  7. #7
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,254
    Too many quality control and fit issues for my liking. I'll give my business to battery vendors with a better reputation and who stand behind their products better. Just my personal preference.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario. In the country outskirts.
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Broox View Post
    I just ordered 2 ***** LiPo 2200mah 2s 20c batteries Not only did they take 3 MONTHS to get here, but when they did, both batteries IMMEDIATELY didn't work out of the box. After some digging, I found they both had THE SAME poor connection on the positive terminal. I didn't want to waste my money sending them back and waiting another 6 months and paying shipping to send them to/from ching chong land, wherever they came from, for half the price of the batteries, so I opened them up and tried to solder the connections for nearly 3 hours. I was unsuccessful.

    This post has been edited to remove the name of a website that is not allowed on this forum. Please do not mention that site by name here or attempt to link to it.

    Dadx2mj


    I bought these because they seemed to have a good reputation from a few people and some good reviews on their website. Apparently the reviews are fabricated. Buyer beware.

    Ching Chong land. That sucks dude.
    Refuse to back down!

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    how would changing where you ordered it from change the quality of the same product, from the same anufacturer, from the same company?

    it wouldn't...
    I agree.

    My point is that I ordered from the US warehouse and got my battery the following week, not 3 months later. And if I would have had a problem I wouldn't have to pay expensive international shipping to return it to Hong Kong.

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Sorry about the link issue. I was aware of the linking policy, but didnt know that I wasnt allowed to MENTION a vendor who sells a product that you dont.

    And it wasnt the CONNECTOR, it was the CONNECTION. The internal one in the battery.

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vassar, MI
    Posts
    349
    Im sorry with a battery name like ***** they just sound cheap as all get out lol
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Anybody have recommendations for batteries with better quality control?

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Royersford, Pa
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Broox View Post
    Anybody have recommendations for batteries with better quality control?
    SPC, spec point concepts. Great prices, quality product, and fast shipping, i bought some batts on a monday afternoon and i had them that thursday. I have 2 of thier 2500mah lipos for the minis and two more for my slash, love them all!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,386
    I have over 30 of them (bought before Traxxas offered their LiPos) and I don't have a problem with them... You're basing your opinion on only 2 of them? I don't think it's fair... And, just in case, I don't get paid or offered free stuff from them to say these things... Just my personal opinion from using them over the past 2 years... I forgot about the shipping, you get what you paid for... I usually get my batteries in two weeks, if I pay more shipping, 5 business days...
    Last edited by danielhr77; 04-23-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

  15. #15
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Only 2 of them? That have the exact same defect? I think that says a lot about the company. Maybe that's just me.

    Anyway. I just went to the store and all they had was the store brand and Traxxas batteries. So I picked up the Traxxas batteries. Put them in 4S and had them out for one session and the magic smoke got out of the ESC. Kinda knew that was gonna happen. But boy was it fun! Time for another upgrade!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •