RC poster

I would like to upgrade my summit help!!!!!

Hi i am new to traxxis and bought a summit and spartan on an impulse buy and would now like to upgrade my summit can any one point me in the direction thank you

RC Competitor
    It really would help to understand what you want your goals to be with the Summit. what are you looking for it to be better at?

RC poster
    mostly crawl ,strength heightif possible

RC Champion
    It was already designed to crawl, and has good height and is very strong.

If you had something to compare it to, "I want it to be strong/high/crawl like ________" maybe we could help ya better!

Good job buying the Summit though! How's the Spartan, do you have any good places to run it?

RC poster
    basically i dont want it to be plastic i want my summit to be all anodized metal and i have a lake where i am at i have venom lipos on it but it doesnt seem to last as long as i would like

RC Qualifier
    welcome.... play with the truck, identify what you want and go for it!

some options - looks, power, crawling ability, cameras - have a look around the threads for some ideas.

you seem to have narrowed down to aluminum and longer run batteries so far (I guess more mah)...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you upgrade your summit with a lot of aluminum you'll have a shelf queen, not a better truck. The summit needs almost nothing to do what it's meant to do (trail treckIng and crawling) extremely well. Adding a dewalt 14.4 motor, a tbone skid plate and a-arm guards and doing a good single servo conversion are all you really need to do.
    Things like shocks and shock mounts, rockers, pushrods, motor mounts and motor plates, knuckles... These things can all be upgraded to aluminum if you want without hurting the performance or durability of the truck. But when you start adding aluminum arms, skid plates, bumpers and body mounts you start to have durability issues.

The summit is so much better when it's left more alone... Moreso than any other Traxxas vehicle so far.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    If you upgrade your summit with a lot of aluminum you'll have a shelf queen, not a better truck. The summit needs almost nothing to do what it's meant to do (trail treckIng and crawling) extremely well. Adding a dewalt 14.4 motor, a tbone skid plate and a-arm guards and doing a good single servo conversion are all you really need to do.
    Things like shocks and shock mounts, rockers, pushrods, motor mounts and motor plates, knuckles... These things can all be upgraded to aluminum if you want without hurting the performance or durability of the truck. But when you start adding aluminum arms, skid plates, bumpers and body mounts you start to have durability issues.

The summit is so much better when it's left more alone... Moreso than any other Traxxas vehicle so far.
    Very well said...
    I agree 110%
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    First and only upgrade needed - some big ol lipos.
    Done. Maybe some racing stripes so it looks fast while crawling.

RC Enthusiast
    Ottawa, Ontario. In the country outskirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by chapinb View Post
    first and only upgrade needed - some big ol lipos.
    Done. Maybe some racing stripes so it looks fast while crawling.
    well said!
    Refuse to back down!

RC poster
    I am very new to the electric r/c car/truck world. My first born is a summit that ive had less than a week. I ordered 2 diff sets of Lipos, and first set came today. Night and day difference. Im just a new guy, but bang for the buck, i would start with batteries. The fellas that have responded to you have a wealth of knowledge (couple of em have already help me a lot). Listen and learn is my plan. Best of luck to you.
    Protect the 2nd amendment.......with vigor.