Thread: slash 4x4 tires

RC poster

slash 4x4 tires

I'm looking for some tires for my slash 4x4. i was looking at these: http://prolineracing.com/tires/trenc...-medium-tires/ I want something for all terrain. Like the street, my local track (carpet), and a dirt BMX track near my house. If you have any suggestions that would be awesome. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    honestly, for all around different terrain tires, I use stock Slash wheels and tires. if you're going to be sticking to just one surface in particular for certain outings, it benefits to just get a few different types of tires; a set for the track, a set for dirt, a set for the street, etc
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Champion
    I stay stock for all around bashing. They but badlands work great for my buddy's in grass...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Yeah, it wont hurt to get the trenchers but street, carpet and dirt tracks are all really different from each other. The stockers, assuming you don't have an ultimate with the S1 ultra soft compund, are really hard and tough. All around they're good tires and will last for a long time but they don't really speacialize in any one condition.

If I were you I'd see what surface I run on the most and get a whatever is ideal for that and later down the road get something that is a little different. Pro-Line street fights should be pretty good for both street and carpet while there are dozens of treads that are great for dirt, you'd really have to find the perfect one for your track condition.
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

Proline Switch is an excellent all terrain tire. The stock tires are a little hard for my taste. I need something with more grip. But the stock tires last longer than the S1 compound that I usually run.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I run those trenchers, they do well on most surfaces, and last a long time, better offroad grip on loose stuff, better onroad grip too compared to stock or even S1s, you practically have to tape them though, they baloon and will wear the center blocks on pavement if you don't. They are a little larger and wider than stock, and the proline foams and wheel design is a little better than traxxas, so that might have more to do with the better control and grip than the tread. They don't excell at anything in particular, those surfaces are all quite different, For pavement a streetfighter or similar would last the longest and give the best traction, on carpet, most any tire with lots of tiny pins like hole shots or calibers will give plenty of traction, for dirt, a pin tire with a pin size matching the hardness of the surface or dust layer on top, could be anything from holeshots, calibers, up to badlands if it is really soft. It's fairly easy to pick a decent all around tire that will last, badlands for offroad/no pavement, trenchers if you run a mix of on and offroad, and street fighters if you run on-road only. It's finding an ideal tire for the surface that gets tough and requires a specialized tire.

RC Champion
    i have the stock kuhmos, i love them for all terrain!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    i have the stock kuhmos, i love them for all terrain!
    that's actually the ones I was referring to when I said "stock" great tires, although I mostly just used them for street use and bashing since they're getting pretty worn in

they find their way onto my MERV sometimes too

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 04-19-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
    they find their way onto my MERV sometimes too
    It's been killing me... but what the heck is a MERV? haha I've been wondering for like a month now and just figured I'd find out on my own.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by big_RON View Post
    It's been killing me... but what the heck is a MERV? haha I've been wondering for like a month now and just figured I'd find out on my own.
    Merv stands for mini e-revo or the e-revo 1/16 scale

RC Racer
    Alright, thanks man!

RC Champion
    its like ERBE, e revo brushless edition.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv