RC Champion

upgrading hardware

I ordered VXL hardware kit tonight! I am going to put all hex hardware in the nitro! YEA!!! I dispise phillips screws!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110864010132...84.m1497.l2648

OH, and I am going to encase the receiver in a VXL waterproof receiver case too - YEAA

RC Champion
    Get yourself the RPM bits and you will have a nice ride. Change over to the vxl suspension. Much more durable. And you will be able to use 12mm wheels on the front.

RC Champion
    I started lookin at that once I bought the parts the other night - geez! well, when stuff breaks, you can be I will do the RPM VXL rustler parts as much as I can - and yes, I plan on breaking this one a lot! FINALLY A BASHER!!! YEA!!!

RC Champion
    With the RPM parts it will take a beating. I beat the crap out of the slutsler and the rustler. Both have rpm vxl mod done. The weak point then becomes the pins. Look for some lunsford hardware if it becomes an issue. Or just buy lots of stock pins.

RC Champion
    I got a bunch of stuff in today AND I decided to part out my Emaxx, so I am keeping the 2075 servos for the nitro rustler! I have a lot of work ahead of me! Lots of screws to replace and.......HAHAHAHAHAH.......this is just too much fun!!!

RC Champion
    We all know what its like to open an order and be overwhelmed. By the time you swap all the screws and parts, your hands may hurt and your right forearm may be bigger lol. I'm also going with all the vxl hardware. The hex stuff just lasts much longer and is easier to work with. I didn't buy the kit for the vxl cause it has so many different screws that won't work with the nitro. You can get sets of 6 for about $2 in whatever size you need if you look up the part # so I order a few sets every time I make an order. I'm mostly done with the hardware for both my trucks. I just ordered 2 2075s for my off roader lol. It takes time to get all the stuff you want but the outcome will be great. Good luck
    Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Upgrades complete....for now....Awaiting the engine to arrive

here is the Stampede watertight receiver box I installed up front

I upgraded to 2075 servos to round out the waterproofing and enhance the control performance in general

finally, I got all the screws changed out...i think there are a few in the steering that were the same for all the vehicles, so I left them alone. Here is the roller with everything ready for the engine and new battery pack harness installed (onboard charging)

RC Champion
    Looks good. Now you just need an RPM rear shock tower. I would also recommend some VXL turnbuckles.

RC Champion
    yup - I am going to do the upgrades as things break...I spent the money before I knew it was going to be 3 weeks before I got the engine delivered! Had I known that, I would have spent more time researching and ordering upgrades/hop-ups.

I am quite proud of the receiver box mod - I dont know why but I am! HAHA

nice rustler there, is that an electric front rpm shock tower?
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    nopers - its the nitro shock tower - the electric one is a "U" shape

ooh ok had it mixed up then. hows it holding up for you? i have the rear shock tower and holds up great alot better than stock. of course i am talking about the nitro pede though kinda same parts as rustler though.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    I dont know yet, actually, thats the stock RPM shock mounts...they didnt have them in stock when I bought my parts lot.

I got the engine in today, cleaned it up, checked it out...added a new glow plug WITH copper gasket (fool didnt have one on it), added some fuel to the carb and WHAMMY!!!!! sounds great!

I need a muffler though...didnt get one of those yet - bummer, wish I would have known it wasnt coming, I would have ordered one and had it waiting.

RC Champion
    I dont know if you picked up a pipe yet. But take a look at a THS. Noticable power increase.

RC Champion
    i have yet to get a pipe, just lookin for something cheap to get it on the road

RC Racer
    git a truck

RC Qualifier
    so far it looks good, can you join truckers
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Champion
    its a stadium truck
    Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wildironman View Post
    git a truck
    Wa wowa abba bo da. Useless, meaningless. babble.

Sorry guys, Had to do it. But I reserved great restraint.