Thread: New RB Mod 3.3

RC Qualifier

New RB Mod 3.3

I ordered a fully ported RB Mods 3.3 motor today. I cant wait to get it. This is going into a new jato strictly for top end speed runs on foam tires. I'm hoping for high 70's low 80's. Only time will tell. I will pray to the Nitro Speed God and hopefuly he will hear my prayers.

RC Qualifier
    Nice. How much was the engine? I might be in market for a new engine. I haven't really decided what 2 get yet. I'm leaning towards a os 18tz.

RC Qualifier
    Rick told me he can port and mod any engine. You have to call him theres all different prices. He has prices on his web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    Nice. How much was the engine? I might be in market for a new engine. I haven't really decided what 2 get yet. I'm leaning towards a os 18tz.

RC Qualifier
    O.K. I thought you were buying a brand new 3.3 that was already ported.

RC Qualifier
    I did I bought the motor and sent it to him. Then he works his magic
    O.K. I thought you were buying a brand new 3.3 that was already ported.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    I did I bought the motor and sent it to him. Then he works his magic
    How's that new motor? Did you put the RB carb on it? Thought you might have some of those telemetry readings to share.... I'd love to see the difference Rick's mods make to a 3.3...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Top secret, we are still working on and testings the combination. All I can say is wow, the second motor is twice as good as the first one. This is a spesific engine combo just for the jato that we are working on together. When I'm done I will let you know. We are close now to perfection. I'm hoping this new mod I want done will finish the deal. I realy need to get good video equipment and let the video speak for it self. It's wicked quick and fast. I will keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    How's that new motor? Did you put the RB carb on it? Thought you might have some of those telemetry readings to share.... I'd love to see the difference Rick's mods make to a 3.3...

RC Qualifier
    Any updates?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Yea its sick and stupid fast. You would just have to drive it and see how silly it is
    Any updates?

RC Qualifier
    We need a video lol.

RC Qualifier
    I need video equipment. If you have any we can meet up and run and shoot video
    We need a video lol.

RC Qualifier
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just have my cell phone camera for pics. We definitely should meet up one day before the summer is over.

RC Qualifier
    I agree blast around and have fun but we need video some how so people can see what we are doing. Maybe we can get other people to show up.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just have my cell phone camera for pics. We definitely should meet up one day before the summer is over.

RC Qualifier
    I put foams on and special top secret gearing like all the other guys run, you know the Super Top Secret Super Silly Gearing with my RB mods Traxxas 3.3 Not fibbing like some others that are useing real .21, .26. 28 this is a real traxxas 3.3 engine. I got to make a 3/4 pass before it rained on me, I didn't even get to run it the full distance and I clocked 80.2 mph

RC Qualifier
    Gps? Radar? VIDEO?
    FASTEST "recorded/proven" JATO'S-3.3 AND Big block

RC Qualifier
    GPs and radar but do not have any good video equpiment. What would be cool is we can have Jato speed run deal and have every body show up and see what everybody running for speed. Im ready. I only run the traxxas engine. I didn't get into any other brands of engines yet. I saw your big block set up there no doubt in my mind your running what your running. I have been in the business since 1986 engineering and designing and testing parts for different R/C companys. Your set up at your elevation you need that. What would it run if you took off that pipe with the 3rd chanel and you just had a normanl pipe. There no way you could pull the gear to run thows numbers. I want to do the same set up to my traxxas 3.3 and see how fast it would go. Now that being said how much more faster would you go at sea level? It would be faster. This new RB traxxas 3.3 we have been working on it for a while now going back and forth with Rick on it puting are years of exspirance together and coming up with something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bswift View Post
    Gps? Radar? VIDEO?
    Last edited by slayer17; 06-08-2012 at 09:40 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    VIDEO or you are nothing but an imagination to us...

RC Qualifier
    GPs and radar but do not have any good video equpiment. What would be cool is we can have Jato speed run deal and have every body show up and see what everybody running for speed. Im ready. I only run the traxxas engine. I didn't get into any other brands of engines yet. I saw your big block set up there no doubt in my mind your running what your running. I have been in the business since 1986 engineering and designing and testing parts for different R/C companys. Your set up at your elevation you need that. What would it run if you took off that pipe with the 3rd chanel and you just had a normanl pipe. There no way you could pull the gear to run thows numbers. I want to do the same set up to my traxxas 3.3 and see how fast it would go. Now that being said how much more faster would you go at sea level? It would be faster. This new RB traxxas 3.3 we have been working on it for a while now going back and forth with Rick on it puting are years of exspirance together and coming up with something good.
    No third channel servo. All traxxas engine. No modded port timings. Ya ya ya. Stock 3.3 head button. West Texas heat AND ELEVATION. BTW, the meeting spot is one of the international speed challenge's. Been dying to go to one. Too much work n not enough play. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4wDh...e_gdata_player
    FASTEST "recorded/proven" JATO'S-3.3 AND Big block

RC Qualifier
    We should team up and try to go to one. I would like to hold one on the east coast I know for years and years they been holding them in Cally at the drag strip.
    No third channel servo. All traxxas engine. No modded port timings. Ya ya ya. Stock 3.3 head button. West Texas heat AND ELEVATION. BTW, the meeting spot is one of the international speed challenge's. Been dying to go to one. Too much work n not enough play. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4wDh...e_gdata_player

RC Enthusiast
    interesting topic here,i street race jatos and i tried every set up it is,the best thing to run on a jato is a 18tz motor with stock gearing,u can also put the 18tz carb on a stock 3.3 motor and gain big low-mid and top end power,my set up on one of my jatos is 18tz motor stock gearing with a ths gray exhaust on it,stock tires 40% oddonnell race fuel.be sure to heat and bend ur wheelie bar half way down cause it will flip slam over everytime u hit the throttle.

RC Racer
    Who is the guy doing this 3.3 eng modding, that rick fella, how do I reach him.

RC Qualifier
    Check your Private message
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    Who is the guy doing this 3.3 eng modding, that rick fella, how do I reach him.

RC Qualifier
    What kind fo speeds are you reaching? I like to run 30% Byron
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdavisracing View Post
    interesting topic here,i street race jatos and i tried every set up it is,the best thing to run on a jato is a 18tz motor with stock gearing,u can also put the 18tz carb on a stock 3.3 motor and gain big low-mid and top end power,my set up on one of my jatos is 18tz motor stock gearing with a ths gray exhaust on it,stock tires 40% oddonnell race fuel.be sure to heat and bend ur wheelie bar half way down cause it will flip slam over everytime u hit the throttle.

RC Enthusiast
    What kind fo speeds are you reaching? I like to run 30% Byron
    70-80mph,the 40% really pushes these small block motors to good top speeds,I've got 3 Jatos all with different motor set up but I still run oddonnell 40% in all of them,it also burns cooler on ur motor

RC Racer
    agree how ya been buddy?

Gps? Radar? VIDEO?

RC Qualifier
    does anybody have a link to ricks web site or a number to reach him would like to find out more bout geting my engine mod

RC Qualifier
    check your private messages
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon288012 View Post
    does anybody have a link to ricks web site or a number to reach him would like to find out more bout geting my engine mod

Quote Originally Posted by brandon288012 View Post
    http://www.rbmods.net/home.php It's amazing what Google can do....

Wow, such top secret stuff ay? Can't tell us the gearing, top RPM's, and 80mph with potential for more.....

At least let's get a video..... This I have to see....

Honestly I don't understand all the secrecy, it's not as if anyone can do the type of modding that Rick does.... Gearing isn't that much of a secret as long as the top RPM's are still around the same as stock. 36,000 top functional rpms.....

If you racing it for money, nobody knows your RC, every Jato in NJ would be suspect ....

I see posts, but that's it... Not everyone on the forums is completely honest on their accomplishments which ruins it for credibility....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

check your private messages
    Honestly I don't understand all the secrecy, it's not as if anyone can do the type of modding that Rick does....
    I think it is because some people fear that it is non-Traxxas and will get reprimanded for typing something out.
    Anyway, there's RB Mods, AB Mods, Extreme RC and a few others that escape me.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I think it is because some people fear that it is non-Traxxas and will get reprimanded for typing something out.
    Anyway, there's RB Mods, AB Mods, Extreme RC and a few others that escape me.
    Top secret gearing? Not a Non-Traxxas issue... Modded 3.3, is a Traxxas engine..... I don't get the secrecy...
    I'm looking forward to these videos..... Seeing a 3.3 in a Jato doing 80 and outperforming a BB on the same kind of platform....

This I've gotta see!!!
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Top secret gearing? Not a Non-Traxxas issue... Modded 3.3, is a Traxxas engine..... I don't get the secrecy...
    I'm looking forward to these videos..... Seeing a 3.3 in a Jato doing 80 and outperforming a BB on the same kind of platform....

This I've gotta see!!!
    Looking forward to the videos too. It's been nearly two months since the thread began and a few weeks since the "testing" commenced. There is a burden of proof; starting to think this is a fallacy.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    LOL yea fallacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Looking forward to the videos too. It's been nearly two months since the thread began and a few weeks since the "testing" commenced. There is a burden of proof; starting to think this is a fallacy.

RC Qualifier
    The top secret stuff is making fun of everybody else on here and on U tube when you ask them the gearing and it's soooo top secret. That's all I got when I asked people hey what gearing are you running, Oh that's top secret. So I found my own Top secret super silly gearing. I'm not self proclaim fastest in the world like a few others claim to be. I'm just reporting what I have done, it's freedom of speech and it's America you have the choice to belive or not to belive. It's seems your all experts, LOL figure it out for your self. LOL racing for money. Hmmm that would interesting. Burden of proof for who?? I don't have to prove to anybody but my self. Many times I have said to different people and asked lets get together and no takers.
    http://www.rbmods.net/home.php It's amazing what Google can do....

Wow, such top secret stuff ay? Can't tell us the gearing, top RPM's, and 80mph with potential for more.....

At least let's get a video..... This I have to see....

Honestly I don't understand all the secrecy, it's not as if anyone can do the type of modding that Rick does.... Gearing isn't that much of a secret as long as the top RPM's are still around the same as stock. 36,000 top functional rpms.....

If you racing it for money, nobody knows your RC, every Jato in NJ would be suspect ....

I see posts, but that's it... Not everyone on the forums is completely honest on their accomplishments which ruins it for credibility....

RC Qualifier
    Not much point posting up claimes in a forum you don't intend on proving.

Secrets? Lack of willingness to prove claims is lame...

Burden of proof for who?? I don't have to prove to anybody but my self. Many times I have said to different people and asked lets get together and no takers.
    Then why post? If you have nothing to prove but to yourself then keep it to yourself. I don't see this thread going much of anywhere now. And before it escalates any further and points being issued, this thread is closed.
    The Super Derecho