RC poster

Rustler with castle 3800kv 1410

Anyone using this Motor with a 3s lipo? What is the best gearing and what r the speeds you guys are getting? I just purchased this motor and now I see that 3s lipos are not recommended of this car. Help!

RC Racer
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html find where you want to be with this

that motors fine on 3s just watch temps, 4s the puppy will massacre speed runs

RC Qualifier
    I run my 4600kv on 3s so the 3800 should be fine. Its the ESC you have to keep an eye on more. Which ESC are you running?

RC Champion
    Your using the sct combo not the mamba combo you will need a fan for your esc ASAP. Motor runs great and cool tons of power. All on 3s of course.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    What is the max recommended temperature the SCT/SV2 should reach?

RC Qualifier
    I run the 1410 3800kv with a MMP ESC. The only speed run I did was with 35/76 gearing on 3S and I got 62.7mph with GPS. I didn't have that much room so I think I could have gotten a little more.
    Philippians 4:13 HCSB

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    What is the max recommended temperature the SCT/SV2 should reach?
    You really should keep it below 170. If your running 3s lipo it's going to get hotter then it should no matter what. Either use the blower fan that came with the system for the motor and mount it on the ESC or go get a 20x20mm Novak ESC fan and that will help a TON. My esc rarely gets above 130 now.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Competitor
    u will have good powered!!!!!

RC Champion
    AZ racer is right, Just stick the motor fan on the esc and mount with some ziptie's and you'll be good. I run the 3800 on 3s with 1/8 wheel's FLM aluminium chassis and tower's so she is a bit heavier than stock. I run 32p gear's also as I run in the sand some time's. I hit 60.2 MPH GPS confirmed. I geared it 19/54, will try it with the 25/50 next on 3s.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    I run the MMP and 1410 motor with 3S all the time without any issues. For general driving/bashing I'm geared 15/50 (32p)which gets me 59 MPH and nothing gets warm at all. For speed runs I've gone up to 23/50 gearing and hit 75 MPH, I'm going for 80 MPH this weekend.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC poster
    will this motor fit in a merv??

Quote Originally Posted by wolffpack21 View Post
    will this motor fit in a merv??
    I think this question belongs in the Merv section. The answer is yes. If you ask if I would do it, than the answer is a definate no. You will ruin the drive train for sure. And you will have a hard time finding batteries that are able to feed it.
    Nobody is born with experience