RC Racer

Transmitting range

So I got my first chance to take out my Slash today. It would go about 30' and then stop receiving commands? I bought new batteries for the transmitter and a fresh charge on the battery. I checked to make sure the antenna was installed correctly, I even took all the slack of the antenna wire and moved it to the outside of the receiver box. Still, no good. The batteries are Rayovac, maybe the issue, not a good enough name to use? Any ideas?
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Racer
    Are you sure your ESC is in the correct mode? What code does it flash at you or what color light is on the ESC? As long as you keep it withing 30 ft it runs fine or does it cut off just within a few seconds of pulling the trigger?

You may need to re-bind your radio to the esc.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    It seems to only do it at 30'. Not ime issue, just went and tried it again after re-binding the TX/RX. Green on the receiver and Red on the ESC. Everything came as a package except the charger. All I do is turn on the transmitter, plug in the battery, push the but on the ESC, ready to go. For now the battery I am using is a Traxxas 3000 NiMH.
    Last edited by Justarting; 04-18-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You may need to re-bind your radio to the esc.
    That sounded like a good possibility, just got through doing so, no good, same outcome......
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

Then I suggest that you call Traxxas. They will know what's wrong with your truck. They are great with that kind of stuf!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Put a volt meter to the batteries. I bought a 24 pack of energizer batts at x-mas only to find out over half of them were bad. Just bad luck as I have never had that happen before. Worth checking.

--
    Nitro-J-Rod
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    does the receiver make funny loud noises ??? i had the same issue with mine.... mine would only go 40 feet then be unresponsive ... im thinking its your receiver went bad... but call traxxas and see for sure what they suggest is the problem... keep us informed....
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Ok, just got off the phone with Traxxas, he told me about a 1" coaxial wire that should be at the very end of my antenna past the metal crimped on tube. I don't recall seeing that when I inspected the antenna. I'll check tomorrow when I get home. There is a 2 week turn around time, with a $20.00 charge of I send it in. I think I'll buy a new one if that is the case. He also suggested checking the antenna on the TX at both ends as well. I'll keep you all posted.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Justarting; 04-19-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

if your rx antena don't have the metal piece it will loose reception.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting View Post
    Ok, just got off the phone with Traxxas, he told me about a 1" coaxial wire that should be at the very end of my antenna past the metal crimped on tube. I don't recall seeing that when I inspected the antenna. I'll check tomorrow when I get home. There is a 2 week turn around time, with a $20.00 charge of I send it in. I think I'll buy a new one if that is the case. He also suggested checking the antenna on the TX at both ends as well. I'll keep you all posted.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    yeah should on the receiver end.... if it not there then u found the problem...
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    I should have been more specific, I do have the metal tube, but don't recall the coaxial wire.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting View Post
    I should have been more specific, I do have the metal tube, but don't recall the coaxial wire.
    the same thing the antenna can't be shortened.

RC Racer
    Ok, got home today and found that I was right, no coaxial wire hanging out. So, after having thousands of members BEGGING me to buy their Rx, I decided on buying the set up RC-FAN had for sale. I did strip the end of mine down to see if it will work. Probably not, but no loss, it doesn't work anyways. I figure it's cheaper and quicker just to buy a new one than to send it in to Traxxas to have it fixed. They want $20.00, plus the turn around time of two weeks and shipping cost. I can buy one new on e-bay for $20.?? shipped, have it in less than a week. I will post again when the RX gets here next week.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?