RC Enthusiast

Question Hyperion 720 Charger adapters to Traxxas batteries ??

I just ordered a HYPERION EOS720I NET 3 AC/DC BALANCE CHARGER. I have 3 Traxxas Slash 4x4's coming for myself and my sons along with 3 new Traxxas 2868 25C 7.4V 2S 2-Cell 5000mAh Lipo Batteries.

What adapter/adapters will I need to buy in order to charge the 3 NiMH batteries that came with the cars as well as the 3 new Traxxas 2S Lipo batteries I just ordered ? I don't have anything in my hands. Everything
    is being shipped and I would like to have what I need when everything gets here.

...oh, I ordered an Onyx 200 so the boys can charge their NiMH batteries safely by themselves. Do I need an adapter for the Onyx to Traxxas batteries as well ??

Thank you very much gentlemen. I have a lot to learn about these things..Lookin' forward to it.

Steve

RC Champion
    Chargers use generic 4mm bullets for their output

You need a 4mm bullet to TRX Male lead

http://www.progressiverc.com/traxxas-charge-cable.html

Or just get a universal that will do many types

http://www.progressiverc.com/18-x-mu...rge-cable.html

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey; 04-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Champion
    The Hyperion charger has a differant balancing adaptor than the Traxxas batteries. I'm not sure what it's called or which one you need. My lhs hooked me up with what I needed

RC Champion
    His charger should have come with a JST-XH balance board which the TRX packs use

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Qualifier
    Great charger I own one as well, you just need to buy the traxxas male plug and solder it on you wire of the charger. Or just pick up the charge wire from you LHS wire and plug for a few bucks. And you will have your jst-xh plugs on your balancing board for your lipo's. I still need to pick up a power supply but on a/c I'm happy with its performance so far good luck.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Racer
    Steve, welcome to the hobby. You've got some pretty lucky kids. I'm sure all of you will have a great time! Like crusey said eariler anything that has a traxxas male plug on one end and 4mm male plugs on the other will work fine.
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot guys.. I think I've ordered the right parts for both the Hyperion and the Onyx.

We have two sons and a daughter. I've lost the daughter to anything that boys want to do, hunting, fishing, ATV's,baseball, etc.. Moms winning that battle, dangit..

Anywayz... My 11 year old has been working doing odd jobs since Christmas. He has a tad over $300 saved. Now that being said, I make him save 1/2 of what he earns so he's really earned over $600. Dad is pitching in a little for the difference for the 4x4,brushless, TQi. I ordered the same car for my 9yr old but he's going to have to earn it. He has $70ish saved, his B-day is coming up and Spring cleaning is among us so he's got chores to do. I bought an ultimate for myself with the Lipos/Hyperion, well...just because..Lol...

I think I have everything ordered properly... I'll know better next week when everything starts to trickle in.

I'm the only one who knows our fun is on the way.. It's a secret and they don't know I'm lending them the moola.

It'ss be fun and I'll be back with questions I'm sure.

Thanks again gentlemen !!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 View Post
    Thanks a lot guys.. I think I've ordered the right parts for both the Hyperion and the Onyx.

We have two sons and a daughter. I've lost the daughter to anything that boys want to do, hunting, fishing, ATV's,baseball, etc.. Moms winning that battle, dangit..

Anywayz... My 11 year old has been working doing odd jobs since Christmas. He has a tad over $300 saved. Now that being said, I make him save 1/2 of what he earns so he's really earned over $600. Dad is pitching in a little for the difference for the 4x4,brushless, TQi. I ordered the same car for my 9yr old but he's going to have to earn it. He has $70ish saved, his B-day is coming up and Spring cleaning is among us so he's got chores to do. I bought an ultimate for myself with the Lipos/Hyperion, well...just because..Lol...

I think I have everything ordered properly... I'll know better next week when everything starts to trickle in.

I'm the only one who knows our fun is on the way.. It's a secret and they don't know I'm lending them the moola.

It'ss be fun and I'll be back with questions I'm sure.

Thanks again gentlemen !!
    Get her a Stampede. Get a Jeep body for it. Paint the body Barbie Pink. Figure out how to mount Barbie in it. Win.

RC Racer
    haha good call
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh2005 View Post
    Get her a Stampede. Get a Jeep body for it. Paint the body Barbie Pink. Figure out how to mount Barbie in it. Win.
    Lol.... She's almost 14 so Barbies are out.... but pink is still in... If she shows interest she can drive my car until we figure out what she wants and can afford. .. Actually, if her algebra grades don't improve she'll be watching me and the boys race our cars from the inside of a classroom. While she's attending summer school.