RC Enthusiast

anyone do the upgrade? 2wd slash here... 12t motor.. looking to yank it and send it

Anyone on here buy the 12t basic slash and then upgrade it using the power up program? if so how long does it take to get the new parts back?

RC Champion
    Yeah I bought a slash with the Titan about three years ago, and after a year, I used the powerup plan and dropped the velineon system in, which has been running great for me for about two years now. I think you can get the vxl system for 130 or so with the powerup. I went to my lhs to make the switch instead of sending in to traxxas, so I'm not sure how much time it takes to send it to traxxas and get it back
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    The price is good though, if you buy a ESC and motor off ebay it ends up being about 130-145 but this way you'll have traxxas support and does it come with warranty? Probably.

A good idea, next big step would be a LIPO after this.

RC Qualifier
    Haha, i buy VXL setups off Craigslist for 100$ and then sell titan setups for 50$, 50$ for VXL is i think a good deal.

RC Qualifier
    taking it into your local hobby store would be your best bet, but to answer your quetion traxxas takes atleast a week deepending on your location
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

RC Qualifier
    I did it at the hobby shop. In and out in an hour they even put it in for me.

RC Qualifier
    You keep asking that question, do you live far from the city? send it to traxxas
    Traxxas Slash 2wd and Thunder Tiger Tomahawk Vx

RC Racer
    How does this power up program work? I never used the stock brushed motor or esc just swaped them out right off for a brushless system but if I can exchange them for a traxas brushless for not much money I will.