Thread: 3s Lipo

RC Competitor

3s Lipo

Didn't have much luck on my search. I have a Platinum, stock motor, Mamba Max Pro. As long as I don't get too crazy, can I run some 3s lipos that I already have from boats ? thanx
    " I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

RC Qualifier
    Yes you can run 3s on the Stock velineon motor as long as they fit in the battery tray haha.
    With 3s and the Velineon though you have to watch for temps, 3s with the Velineon 3500 causes extreme heat and the velineon motor hates heat, it doesnt cope well and will burn out. so install some fans and watch the temps and you should be fine.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by afol2524 View Post
    Yes you can run 3s on the Stock velineon motor as long as they fit in the battery tray haha.
    With 3s and the Velineon though you have to watch for temps, 3s with the Velineon 3500 causes extreme heat and the velineon motor hates heat, it doesnt cope well and will burn out. so install some fans and watch the temps and you should be fine.
    It's tight, but fits and I am running a fan.
    " I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nomobux View Post
    It's tight, but fits and I am running a fan.
    Great!, Ur gonna enjoy 3s, lots of fun, just watch your temps and be ready to bust some driveshaftss haha.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Competitor
    Great!, Ur gonna enjoy 3s, lots of fun, just watch your temps and be ready to bust some driveshaftss haha.
    Yup. One more ?. I'm running front and rear LEDs. Will they handle the higher volts ? I can't remember.
    " I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, most LEDs are made to run off of 12v anyways, and a 3s is 11.1v so you should be fine, im running Leds on mine too 2ith 3s with no Problems at all.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Competitor
    Yeah, most LEDs are made to run off of 12v anyways, and a 3s is 11.1v so you should be fine, im running Leds on mine too 2ith 3s with no Problems at all.
    Great ..... thank you.
    " I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

stick with the stock gearing and with the heatsink. If you put a hole in the windshield that will help cool the motor also. I have anly run my stock trucks on 3s! Keep an eye on your temps and you should be just fine.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM