RC poster

How to Hitec HS-5086WP in E-Revo 1/16 (MERV)

Hello folks, this is my way to install the Hitec HS-5086WP in E-Revo 1/16 (MERV). Hope it help...

But i think a better option is the ******* 390DMH High Performance MG Digital Servo (no modifications, but not waterproof --> you can do it easily).

There is a limit of 10 images you can upload in this forum, so i will upload more images soon to complete the how to...

To be continued...

how did you break an alloy servo horn?!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    Looks like he cut it off.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    I seen a how to on another forum. Doesnt seem worth it all. Thats why i went with the bluebird 390 lol

RC poster
    And continuing:

Last edited by renatortb; 04-18-2012 at 05:23 PM.

RC poster
    And continuing:

My MERV:

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    I cut it with a pliers...
    Last edited by renatortb; 04-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.

RC Champion
    You can only use 1 screw to mount that servo because of how the wires come out of the servo correct?

Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    You can only use 1 screw to mount that servo because of how the wires come out of the servo correct?
    I see two screws holding it down....
    They do make ball hex drivers that operate at wicked angles.

RC Champion
    Ah! I see it now! The other how to i saw the guy said he couldnt get the 2nd screw in. Im still glad i have the bluebird 390! lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I see two screws holding it down....
    They do make ball hex drivers that operate at wicked angles.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    Ah! I see it now! The other how to i saw the guy said he couldnt get the 2nd screw in. Im still glad i have the bluebird 390! lol
    The ******* 390DMH, that i spoke in the first post, is the same as the Bluebird. Just change name, it is OEM... Yes, is a direct fit, but not factory waterproof. But you can waterproof easily with plasti dip (hard to find here in Brasil) and marine grease...

RC Champion
    Yea i know its the same servo! My ESC and RX isnt waterproof so my servo doesnt need to be.

RC Qualifier
    renatortb

Thanks for posting, I have one of these in my parts box, incase my ******* fails. Doesn't look like the easiest install but does look like it isn't too bad. Have an inpressions of the servo yet??

dm

RC Qualifier
    Great post!! I run a hitech 85 digital metal gear.
    My install wasnt hard at all. All i had to do was remove the rear screws on the servo so i could temporarily shift the wires out of the way so it slides in. And when it came to the rear screw that is pretty much under the wires. if you use the stock allen key you wont have to push them off to the side much, and voila!! working servo, well after you reverse it and slightly modify one of the horns that the hitech came with.
    Define Spam...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run the 5085mg install was easy. Works great and has taken some hard curb hits no problem. Would take a quality hitec over a cheap ******* any day

How do you figure ******* is "cheap"?

Is it because they use all metal gears in their metal gear servo instead of all metal gears but one??
    Is is because they use an aluminum casing to keep heat down?
    Or is it because they have a 0 failure rate to the 3 or 4 HiTec's for this platform I have seen fail?

RC Qualifier
    Easy shimmie ...

My cheap ******* has outlasted 2 hitecs and the stocker.
    And my next order will include another ******* as a backup.

My apologies...
    It gets on my nerves when people automatically equate cost and name brand to quality.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had a 390 in my merv before my hitec went bad in an hour and shipping back to China was not even worth it.

RC Champion
    Zero problems from my ******* 390 soo far! And it feels rock solid!!!! Jimmie posted a pictures of the gears in one and they arent gonn be stripping anytime soon. The 390 is a solid servo! But if someone thinks the hitec is better quality then good for you!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    my friend has one with no problems i have hitec in my kyosho 7.5 buggy ,my 2 big block t maxxes and my revo with no problems shouldn,t of said cheap

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    my problem wasn't with the gears it was just defective and shipping price and time back to china my merv would of been sitting for a month had a problem with a dud ******* battery too wasn't worth sending back either but i have 2 other ******* batteries that are fine including their 2250 65/130 2 cell that works great

RC Qualifier
    My apologies...
    It gets on my nerves when people automatically equate cost and name brand to quality.
    I agree, I've been here long enough to appreciate the knowledge in your posts.

Thanks dwmoss...

Every brand has a glitch every now and then...
    doesn't matter if it is a high dollar or bargain bin.

I agree that the return or defective policy of the ******* seller is not what I would even consider close to ideal.
    In my opinion you should only have to prove it is defective via video and have proof of purchase for them to send one out or at least give a "store" credit.

RC Racer
    hitec 5087hv mg with losa 99038 arm rubber dipped, then razor knife down the opening in the chassis long enough to slide the servo through without having to disassemble the it!! Just be very careful with wires when feeding it through not to pinch it. Install it so it looks like your pulling it by the wire but just put tension on it.Works so good i just got done doing it to my second merv....and had a hitec servo in my basher maxx four years now through winter n summer not dipped. I have a wall of broken traxxas servos some bought, some warrantied, all before my hitec servos. Ill be buying them for my 5iveT once they come out wit high voltage like savox.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmoss View Post
    renatortb

Thanks for posting, I have one of these in my parts box, incase my ******* fails. Doesn't look like the easiest install but does look like it isn't too bad. Have an inpressions of the servo yet??

dm
    Realy good servo. Off couse best then the stock. Very fast too...

My apologies...
    I agree. The cost of Hitec is hight and the ******* 390 is an excelent servo. I have already bought 2 390 for backup. I don't think i will buy Hitec again, very expensive for me (Brasil). Waterproof the 390 is easy... For me (Brasil), the 390 is a very cheaper option...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The only thing that's not cheap for ******* is if your comes in defective then you might as well toss it

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    The only thing that's not cheap for ******* is if your comes in defective then you might as well toss it
    do you personally have experience with this?

because there are a lot of people that diss on products that have never used them, or have any real experience with them.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My ******* servo lasted less than an hour and on the same shipment one battery doa