RC Racer

wondering if anyone can help

i know im new to this after having my 3905 for only a week(used)... but i was wondering if anyone here has a good step by step process for going brushless on it. i havent been able to find anything in my searching. which coincidentally has consumed most of my free time,weather at work or at home... but if you guys could possibly help me out. i would appreciate it.

RC Competitor

RC Racer
    now after reading that... and taking more time out of my work day.. lol. i like the idea. but its going to require more work to find the set up i would like. i want the power and top speed. maybe i will have to find someone to help me out that knows more in my area.

RC Racer
    Are you in QLD Australia.

RC Racer
    no im in minnesota

along the same note. im wondering if anyone has a good idea on a good charger for a 7c 8.4v 5000miah nimh battery set? i want to charge them in a decent amount of time, plus be able to charge them both at the same time. but also with the BL system i will want to run lipo off of it too. so this is going to be expensive.

then in the same point i need to do something about the SUPER soft shocks and springs for a decent price. with a six month old i dont have all the money to throw at this right now.

Thank you for the time guys.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-18-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Competitor
    Congrats on the baby!

I'm using the Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite. It's down side is that when charging my Wife's 7 cell packs, the maximum charging amps is 1.2, when charging both at the same tiime. The max current for one pack is 2 amps, so while this charger is good for cycling batteries, it is not a fast charger. I would not recommend it for a quick turnaround. I'm in the market to upgrade to a faster system. My kids are all over 18 now, so I have a little more cash available than you might... as well as time. Sorry for gloating. ;-)

RC Racer
    thats alright. i would too.

yeah i want to be able to have a decent turn around on the batteries, but i know the faster they charge the less they will work later. and i dont think im getting a full charge on the batteries i have. ill take pictures and post them later tonight after the kid is in bed. i dont know what size they are. all i know is the 3300 maah. thats it.

RC Racer
    I have the hitech x4+ac which is great. I can enter each battery into memory and recall and charge. A bit pricey but worth it.

I charge the 2 lipo and 2 nimh batteries all at once.

RC Competitor
    The Accu-Cycle has 9 memory slots and has dual outputs. It's a good charger, it just takes me forever (so it seems) to get six packs recharged up for our three trucks...

RC Racer
    wondering what the recharge time is on both of these.

and if anyone can tell me more about my charger. i wanna call it a black mamba. but i don't think that's right. it does both 12v charging and the 110 charging. but i believe the box says it only goes up to 2000 mah. and it seems that i forgot my pictures of my batteries last night.

RC Competitor
    To charge my Wife's 7 cell, 3000MaH packs it usually takes from 150 to 170 minutes. About the same for my 6 cell, 3,800MaH packs.

RC Racer
    now comes the fun part. i was looking into the 7c 5000mah flat batteries. i want more than about 20 min of run time off of my batteries. which i think is in part due to the old batteries. and the fact that my charger only says 2000 mah. so im thinking a new charger and new 7c batteries.

RC Competitor
    So many options... so many decisions...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jwstiles65 View Post
    So many options... so many decisions...
    so little money...

RC Champion
    amen to that.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Racer
    lipos are as cheap as nimh these days, longer runtimes ! time to embrace the future my friend

RC Competitor
    Where can I find these inexpensive lipos? Is anyone running lifes?

RC Racer
    http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/new...4-ac-plus.html

Thats so awesome wish i'd known about that 6 months ago.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wayke View Post
    http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/new...4-ac-plus.html

Thats so awesome wish i'd known about that 6 months ago.
    Yup that is the charger I have approx 1 hour to charge 5000 mah batteries. I charge at less than 1c to hopefully prolong battery life. So far I am in no hurry to charge. My understanding the only battery this thing can not charge fast is the larger 4s to 6s packs. I am not using them so for us with 2s or 3s batteries it is perfect.

RC Racer
    I've got a Cheap charger balancer of course nothing special works great for my Lipos.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookamaxx View Post
    lipos are as cheap as nimh these days, longer runtimes ! time to embrace the future my friend
    when i go lipo i want the power and speed of the brushless, and as for the charger i dont know if the kids mom is gonna allow me to spend over 200 on a charger.... i wish.
    i found the batteries i want on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Series-NiMH-Ce...4923377&sr=8-4
    or http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-5000mA...923428&sr=8-14 or
    http://www.amazon.com/Racers-Edge-8-...f=pd_sim_sg_21
    would either of these be better than the other one? i want to be able to actually run this truck and not be out for a few min and bring it back in without and sort of battery issues.
    and will the lipos work with the stock set up of the 3905? i know i havent done any modding to it. and i would like to but i want to be able to get some speed of out this too.
    Last edited by hatethmpr; 04-20-2012 at 07:08 AM.

RC Racer
    That first one the Traxxas battery I got 2 of those packs for $50 for my slash basher 2wd.

That 3905 uses old ESC using a lipo on that could toast a battery NO LVC ? EVX2 u can buy a new ESC or get a LVC adapter

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOBBYWING...item5ae05c4642

safety not toast that gas is very bad for your lungs .

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wayke View Post
    That first one the Traxxas battery I got 2 of those packs for $50 for my slash basher 2wd.

That 3905 uses old ESC using a lipo on that could toast a battery NO LVC ? EVX2 u can buy a new ESC or get a LVC adapter

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOBBYWING...item5ae05c4642

safety not toast that gas is very bad for your lungs .
    i was really thinking about just switching to a brushless system. but i want to find a solid motor and esc combo. that i can get some speed from the truck. and i konw when i do get speed i will wind up breaking something. but i would also like to find a erevo for the speed. maybe a merv. im still getting used to all the rc speak. but i would like a full size e revo. so i can play with my stepson driving my emaxx. but i think he should be able to get more than 6-7 min run off a 3300 battery. at least a full power run.

RC Racer
    Are you just bashing Jumping stuff running into things etc if so out of the 1 million youtubes of all the RC bashing i seen for Cheap there was only one THE "SLASH 2wd VXL" no drive shaft to destroy difs and a giant Body catches AIR when jumping so it lands nicely and you can drive it almost anywhere load up a LIPO and change the Pinion its pretty quick, But the ERevo i would like to have but the money to get one here is nearly $1000 that is beyond me at this point for an RC,

I've watched an Emaxx just Die and almost a TMaxx not much for bashing those things.

Slash for heavy bashing
    Titanium Shock shafts
    Titanium Hinge pins
    STRC caps for Shocks or replace the Shocks with something less flex on cap
    maybe springs depends
    RPM Arms and hardware store i got some Nice hex fitted bolts to replace the Black ones as they seem to bend and give out easier
    Some TRX servo saver cover and nut and bolt straight over the Steering servo worked quiet well.
    I've yet to break anything else and slowly the Traxxas screws are leaving the slash
    using the standard traxxas battery the Lipo makes it quicker but no need it gets enough Air.

RC Racer
    i am jsut bashing right now. i want something else that i can rip around with. i would like to have a e revo for some good speed and bashing. i want something 4 wheel drive. but i want to be able to play with my 7 year old too.