RC poster

car keeps shutting down

I recently got the kb rally car with 2 venom 2s lipos and recently in 40-50 degree temps outside the car would shut down and i actually relised it wa flashing red due to the speed controller shutting down from heat... its all stock aside from the lipos in parallel and I put the high speed gear in... im guessing its from the stress cause im mainly trying to drift with it and its not getting enough air over it? its odd cause my cousin has the exact same setup except he runs the traxxas lipo and his never shuts down and he drives similar to me...

should I regear it or should I get a fan for it along with a heat sink?

if so what do u sugest

If it's overheating, don't use fans or a heat sink to keep it from overheating. I would install the smaller gear and see if that helps, especially since it's getting so hot when it isn't all that warm outside.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    ok after reading the manual a few more times I actually noticed its flashing for low battery not over heating... did notice tho the short life was due to the venom connector adapters... so I removed the venom adapter style connectors and put straight traxxas connectors on it and time per drive has gone up but still no where near the traxxas ones. so far loving it tho 2nd electric car over all my 5th rc car