RC Qualifier

Traxxas Magazine

My initial response was "that's a first" and not much more. I read on another forum a bunch of people Traxxas bashing, but I think that the magazine is a great advertizing tool and could be quite helpful to Traxxas enthusiasts. If it isn't completely packed full of adds for their products, but had some tuning tips and little things to make your truck or car perform a little better it could be great. You would think the company that engineered a car would have some insights into how it all works. Obviously I haven't seen one yet, but maybe Traxxas will use it to sell out pages to aftermarket companies that sell Traxxas upgrades like to RPM and Integy. It has potential to be good, but also a lot of potential to be bad. I'm excited to pick a copy of one up, but I certainly don't see it overtaking something like my favorite, RC Car Action Magazine.

Going to subscribe? What are you thinking?

RC Champion
    I'm definitely going to subscribe. I hope they do some aftermarket stuff.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    I just don't see the point of such a magazine. I can come to the forums and get all the info I need here and just a couple other forums as well. Magazine subscriptions in general are in decline. What kind of content are we talking about being inside the mag? Whats going to be the advantage of buying such a magazine. Am I going to find out some special/secret info before the rest of the world?
    It appears as marketing gimmick to me! Just my .02cents...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I just don't see the point of such a magazine. I can come to the forums and get all the info I need here and just a couple other forums as well. Magazine subscriptions in general are in decline. What kind of content are we talking about being inside the mag? Whats going to be the advantage of buying such a magazine. Am I going to find out some special/secret info before the rest of the world?
    This allows Traxxas to place have them at Racing events, something the forum can't do as much..... It helps get the name of Traxxas out there and in the minds of those who are like minded gear heads like ourselves.......

Simple.... It's called exposure...

Hopefully it will have updates of Traxxas 1:1 racing as well as RC racing and development.... Sure wouldn't mind reading more from people like Steve Slayden.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

I think you know the answer to this, IMO you stated it very well on another forum. Your own words on this subject right?

This is a great way to draw folks into the hobby and possibly get more in depth info on thier sponsorships along with thier partners. It's great that they will be able to promote thier business and the hobby more itself.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Im excited about this magazine. I read RCCaraction also, but I tend to stay more involved with Traxxas. It would be cool having a tips section and some project pics and so on. Plus its good bathroom material...
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    I keep on trying to predict what the magazine will be like, but there's really no way to know until it comes out. This thread is just getting me more excited.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I think you know the answer to this, IMO you stated it very well on another forum. Your own words on this subject right?
    Yes those are my own words but there was more to it! I stated valid points and my own curiosities with posting here and there!

RC Champion
    This is a great way to draw folks into the hobby and possibly get more in depth info on thier sponsorships along with thier partners. It's great that they will be able to promote thier business and the hobby more itself.
    However I do not feel compelled to buy the magazine when I can visit thier forum, URC and youtube and get all the info I need.
    I love all 5 of my Traxxas rc's, but I prefer non Traxxas replacement parts for upgrades etc.
    I'll be buying one of the first issues. Guess we will see if it's worth the print or if it will be better used in my charcoal starter!!!
    Since you want to extract certain parts of my post, I thought I would share the rest of it!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Free subscription for non US customers?

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    I'll definitely see what they decide to do with the first issue. I used to love RC Car Action and RC Nitro but the latter was terminated and RCCA has declined since 2004. If they offer valuable tips and tuning suggestions, setup articles, product reviews, and some cool builds, I'd be interested.

I would like to have one How about a free magazine to everyone on here: JK I know that would be imposable but they could send me one
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Racer
    Sounds like a good place to read a non-biased review on a product.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Haha... nice dustin