RC Enthusiast

My first big crash. (NEED HELP!)

So I had my first big crash today and with my luck I busted multiple parts on my Slash 4x4. I hit a bad spot on the ground and crashed into a large post. I knew right away something was wrong because my front left tire went flying.

When I got home I stripped the front end down to make a list of all the broken parts. This is what I need.

3655X: Suspension arms, left & right
    6837: Steering blocks, left & right
    2579: Screws, 3x15mm button-head machine (hex drive) (6)
    5823: Nerf bars, chassis (black)
    6845: Steering bellcranks/ servo saver/ servo saver spring/ servo spring retainer/servo horn, steering

I only need the left side parts and one part on that last package. I just listed the part #s Traxxas has on their site.

Now the fun part. I am still new to all of this and hope I will be up and running soon. I am actually excited to do some work on my RC. Since I have to replace these parts is there any I should look into upgrading since the front end is already stripped down?

Any help would be appreciated.

RC Racer
    Yea get rpm suspension arms (a-arms) as well as nerf bars. Those will help you from breaking in the future!

RC Enthusiast
    I was thinking that. I hear such good things about RPM parts.

RC Racer
    Hey Josh, if I can call you Josh. Welcome to the Slash 4x4 world. Below are some decent upgrades for a few things that you're looking for. I am not bias towards RCplanet, I just think their site it extremely easy to navigate. With a little searching you can find other sites with better prices or shipping rates. RPM is really that way to go for any composite plastic replacement parts on our models so I sent links to their A-arms and nerf bars. RC screwz stainless replacement hexes are not necessarily something that you need but a lot of people like the peace of mind knowing that they will stay rust free.

http://www.rcplanet.com/RPM_A_Arms_p/rpm80702.htm

http://www.rcplanet.com/RPM_Nerf_Bars_p/rpm80622.htm

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...teel-Screw-Kit
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

RC Champion
    for steering blocks, get aluminum ones.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    A arms and nerf bars go with RPM steering knuckles,bellcrank and C-Hubs i recommend STRC
    aluminum wide color selction to choose from. As for screws just get them at your LHS if you
    can ive noticed that after awhile they strip very easy i have been replacing the button heads
    screws the ones that go into the motor mount plate, motor mount basically any screw that
    goes into aluminum ive change to the Socket head cap screws. I like to tighten my screws
    tight and i got tired of always striping the button heads out. frustrating with the head caps
    there is no more issue with strip screws.
    Good luck and have fun....
    OH!!!! Wellcome to the Family...
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Qualifier
    I havent heard great things about RC Screwz because people say they strip easy and some say they are a good kit and then others recommend Tonys RC Screw kit which is also cheaper.

RC Racer
    Maybe so, this is the first time that I have heard of Tony's I will do some research.
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

RC Enthusiast
    I have everything all fixed up now. I did get RPM parts for the A-Arms and Nerf Bars. I really like them. I think I will use RPM parts for anything plastic. I also dyed my chassis black. It looks so much better.

RC Enthusiast