RC Enthusiast

Question 90 minutes for a 5000mAh 3S to reach "storage" status with EZ plus?

Just wondering if I'm not doing something right. I used the battery until the car started to slow down; then selected the "storage mode" with 3C and 2 amp for the settings... It took 90 minutes.
    If I will wait 90 minutes stuck at home to do this and then adding the charging time to play when I want to use it, I'm not sure I want to play with Lipos anymore
    Anyone getting those times?
    BTW the battery is new, Is Traxxas if that makes a difference
    Thanks!

it may have been out of balance. sometimes mine does that takes a little longer to storage charge and sometimes charging it can take a little longer if the cell is inbalanced. imo the wait is off set by the performance you get from lipo compared to nimh.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for the answer Mike!
    I think that my Lipo will be "weekend exclusive" then, when I have the time to charge and do the whole routine of 2.5 hours for 10 minutes of pleasure LOL....

RC Enthusiast
    I called Traxxas CS and asked this:
    If I run my battery until the LVS kick in, I assume battery is low. Wouldn't be faster to charge the battery at 5 AMP (is 5000mAh) until it reached 50-60% of capacity (checking voltage) than to use the "storage" function that would charge at 2 amp????? they said it was OK and that I didn't need to use the storage function?
    Any word of advice; not sure that guy convinced me LOL
    Thanks

i would say use the storage function still its there for a reason so it makes sure its going to evenly store your pack for long term or even short term storage. but if your going to use your pack like the next day then its should be fine to stop your pack at 3.85v per cell-11.5v when your charging it from LVC off your truck at 5amps. if you storage it say 1 week or even 2+ days then use the storage function. even if you charge it method 1 and decide you dont want to use it then stick it on the traxxas charger and do a storage charge mode to make sure its balanced evenly.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks Mike! you da man!
    Cheers