Hybrid View

RC poster

New TQi receiver (#6518) and Non-Traxxas Servo = Chattering/not working?

First of all hello to everybody,

I am new to this community and relatively new to RC – but hey, what shall I say, I felt in love .

I purchased a new E-Maxx Brushless with TQi using the new TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6518). From my old E-Maxx I took out my Savöx SC-1256TG for single servo steering, but to my big surprise the servo did not work properly – the servo was chattering (Well - more like on-off) and while driving even the motor did switch off and on again, but connected to the “old” Traxxas receiver (#2218) of my old E-Maxx, Stampede or Rustler, the servo works absolutely perfect.

My question – does anybody else have the same experience or do I have just a faulty receiver (which does not make any problem in stock configuration with the two stock 2075 servos connected).

Greetings from Germany,

Georg

RC Champion
    Savox's website says that servo is wireless. Is that correct, no wires running to the receiver? If this is the case, I would think the the increased power output of the TQi is messing with the signal to the servo.

If I'm misunderstanding the term "Wireless" on their website then forget everything I just said.

RC Competitor
    digital receiver and analog servo ???? maybe

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a 1256 with tqi, and no issues. Savox are very glitchy, some people run an external BEC, but if it worked good with your older radio, maybe is not servo related.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 02-14-2013 at 06:13 PM.