RC Racer

Too many upgrade choices

I just picked up a rusty vxl . Not sure to keep it as is or take some of the ups out for my slash . It has integy alloy everything lol - with a second set of RPM arms, casters , knuckles ,towers and all the stock parts . Have 3 trans cases (black , stock and alloy ) . My slash has the protrac in it now with big bores. Would the alloy piggy back shocks be an up or down from the big bores ? I will use the alloy case in the slash. Also if I part it out completely - the rusty has a fiberglass chassis could I do a LCG slash with that . We only need 2 RC's (one for son , one for me ) and he has his stampede and have the slash . All said had the rusty for a bash today it's fast and fun , and saves the slash from bashing lol

RC Champion
    Integy will be a big step down from traxxas big bores, thats for sure. Integy goes in the same category with venom and redcat racing (junk). Traxxas big bores would be awesome, I'm sure.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    I decided to keep the big bores in the Slash - just installed the alloy transmission case ( the protrac rear tower was really tight on the case ) . I will keep the rustler for bashing around . Funny you say venom - I have a 8cell 5000 venom battery for the stampede and it is garbage compared to the 7 cell traxxas 3500 in runtime and little differrence in power .

RC Champion
    yep its a well known fact that venom batteries just plain stink.
    Traxxas ower cells are the best nimh I've used so far. They have great runtime and power.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

I like the idea of using the chassis for a lcg mod. Why not keep the truck as a spare and sell off the extra parts?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    yep its a well known fact that venom batteries just plain stink.
    Traxxas ower cells are the best nimh I've used so far. They have great runtime and power.
    I like venom lipo batteries. My 3s ran long and hard before it gave out on me and I'm in the process of getting it replaced under warranty for 50% off.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    me to i run a venom 3s it worked fine for a good long time, when it did finally go venom replaced it for free, stop haiting!
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn