RC Racer

Telemetry for Android ?

Android should be easier to work with not all the phones have great port connectivity but Bluetooth could be an option on android phones ??? .

or even a mini wifi Http there exist many for small Chips with the live telemetry stream this would be great.
    Last edited by wayke; 04-15-2012 at 03:02 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Android is quite difficult to work with... LOTS of different screen resolutions and sizes.
    There are lots of operating differences between on version to the next too...

I would not hold my breath for Android to work with Traxxas TQi.
    Traxxas has gone to the iSide.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Rhey said that they arent going to so it. So you will have to wait for someone to port it or for an ios rom with an app store to come out or an ios emulator for android.the last 2 are in development. What i dojt understand is why didnt they just make it bluetooth so the connector doesnt matter

Sent from my ICS rooted Droid RAZR
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    ^^^ I totally agree with ya bro. I feel the same way. But in the same sense i'm glad my Android isnt mounted to my Tx. LOL The iDevice is perfect for the screen limbo.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zonda95 View Post
    What i dojt understand is why didnt they just make it bluetooth so the connector doesnt matter
    Marketing department probably did it on purpose: that way they know what the next transmitter upgrade will be.
    Like whenever they design a new car they do the sports model first, then somone has the job to make it boring for the initial sales so the sports car looks even better!

RC Racer
    A bluetooth plug on the Apple dock and render from a Web page as android is quiet easy to work with given that the person writing the code is going to write Resize code for screen simply parse the information to a mini HTTP/PHP/SQL server on the android device the smallest of the android phones unlocked have great potential.

RC poster
    we'll see it for android as soon as traxxas' contract with apple expires.