The new erbe with tqi showed up last week and I felt like a little kid at Christmas. I unboxed it and spent the evening looking at it and reading all the manuals and charged up a set of batteries( traxxas 2s 5000). I looked her over checking for loose bolts etc and the assembly looked good. Next was batteries and the first power up. Cool sounds happened and after the motor finished singing its song all was quiet except for the steering servos fighting each other. Steered left and right and let it center and the humming continued. So i pulled the steering links centered the system and adjusted the links so the serrvos stopped fighting each other. I had to shorten both links 1 1/2 turns each. No big deal just did not feel like burning up new servos. And getting traxxas to warranty them. Next i put the 54 tooth spur on powered her up for a final check and out to the back yard for some easy runs to break in the truck and batteries. (also just finished mowing the grass short). WOW just cruising arround light throttle this thing is fun tapped the brakes and i mean tapped and all 4 wheels lock and i think brakes work. Way too much brake all i could picture was the diffs breaking or stripping the spur. Went in and calibrated the throttle and back out to see if this helped. Nope so back in to break out the castle field programing card and dial down the brake before it rips out the drivetrain. Man this card is a must. I set the lipo voltage cut off up to a higher voltage, gave it some drag brake and reduced the braking to something i liked better. Man being able to adjust all this by taking out 2 bolts and plug the esc in to the card is amazing. Now back out in the yard and just had a blast taking it easy and ran through a couple of battery packs. The only issue i had was about the 3rd set of batteries I gave it some good acceleretion runs to see what it would do and whirr there was the slipper sliping. Tried tightening but no joy would barely hold at all so apart it came. I saw a little grease on the bearing shield for the spur gear and the slipper pad holders. Cleaned with alcohol and reassanbled and tightened till the spring was completely compressed and back a touch and still no joy so out it came again(actually not too hard to do) and i flipped the 3 aluminum pads over and flipped the slipper plate to get a fresh surface and tightened back to specs and out again to break in the slipper. All is well again. Spent the next couple of days just having a blast running the new erbe. This truck is awsome fun. The only issue i still have is a glitch or signal loss every once in a while where the truck just dies for a split second. I have adjusted the ant in its tube and will see if this helps.
First week conclusion Fun fun fun
Any other new owner reports