RC Racer

Question Turing left when full throttle and turning opposite when braking.

Hello
    I was bashing with my slayer today and noticed when I go full throttle it turns to to left. Then when braking it turns to the right. If I do half throttle or coast down my street it goes straight.
    Is something wrong or broken?
    I also noticed when going full throttle from a dead stop the front right tire ballooning more then the left front or other tires.
    I do have a center differential in the transmission.

I'm thinking the front differential may be out.
    Revo 2.5r, Slayer Pro 4x4 Picco .26 max.

Well check all your pushrods ad linkages, check your wheels and axle carriers, pivotballs evenly tight, not too tight...

Chances are though, your alignment is off. If you wrecked and then this happened then I would look for damage. But if this is something that started when you did a replacement of a part or a repair then it's probably the alignment.....

Toe the rears in 1 degree the fronts out .5 degree...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    Ah I tumbled down the street a few times =/.
    I did notice my pivot balls were just a little loose I tightened them but haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    Is there a way to check the toe without any tools?
    Like with a house old item or methods?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock0utRC View Post
    Is there a way to check the toe without any tools?
    Like with a house old item or methods?
    Setting the toe can take some time. You want to turn your radio gear on and get your servo centered and set your steering trim to center. Then use the turnbuckles and get your front tires squared up as straight as you can with the chassis (this can be the difficult part but it can be done). If you have a good eye you can get it close by simply "eyeballing it" or you can try to use a straight edge. Once you get that done you can just use a tape measure to set the toe. I run about 1/16" of an inch toe out in front and 1/16" toe in in the rear which should be close to the figures Nitronaut posted. Most of the toe setup tools you can buy measure in degrees but I still just use a tape measure.

Also just a reminder that changing the toe angles will affect camber angles and vice versa. So you'll have to go back and forth setting the toe and camber until it comes out where you want it. I usually set the toe first, check the camber and make any adjustment to it if it's needed, then recheck the toe and make any minor adjustments and then everything should be really close.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 04-14-2012 at 03:39 PM.

RC Racer
    lol alright I'll give it a shot!

RC Competitor
    on the bottom of the controler ther should be three switchs. mess whith them and it should revers thinks. i cant spell lol