RC Qualifier

Todays upgrades on Grave digger

today i replaced the axle carriers steering blocks and castor blocks with the aluminum ones and the sealed bearings what a difference it rolls much better. the old ones were in pretty bad shape the steering blocks were all bent up and the rear bearings were in very bad shape next up grade is the turn buckles all around to allow toe adjustments. then i want to change the tires to stampede tires as soon as the grave digger tires wear out doing my best with that .

any suggestions on other upgrades i need to look into?
    I replaced grave digger body with 72 chevy metalic black paint job grave digger attracted to many kids then they get in the way making it hard to run

RC Qualifier
    Dont go with the stock pede tires...There ok but there not prolines...Get some trenchers...Yeah yeah yeah everyone has them...You know why? cause there freaking amazing! Im so glad I tossed them on my pede it runs amazing now!
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Myself I would look into widening it with a protrac kit or just using the protrac arms on the front before you buy wheels and tires. You'll improve your handling and be able to rotate tires because they will all use the same offset wheel.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Qualifier
    thanks i will look into widening it for sure? do the axle bearings need to be changed in the tranny?
    i alos have a nitro T-maxx i want to make some upgrade to double the fun double the money

Is it brushless yet? I'd go that route if you haven't.

Or an FLM alu transmission.

And post some pics.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    There is a video on prolines site about installing the protrac. It has nothing to do with your tranny but if you buy the whole kit it comes with turnbuckles and links. You will just need rod ends for them. It comes with rear bearing carriers but you don't have to use them.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Qualifier
    yes brushless was first upgrade what a difference

does it ever end? do you ever get to the point there is nothing else you need for your truck?
    think if i won the lotto i would have one of everything

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'd say cut some 2.2 Mashers and glue them on a set of 2.8 Desperado.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    wow that look awesome

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I can't argue, but the Trenchers on Desperados are pretty dang mean to.

That's when my Digger Lid was still new, not so much road rash. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    yea i got the 72 chevy truck body and painted it to look nice second run it went under my wifes car ouch not so nice now oh well
    like they say everything is replacable

RC Racer
    Sorry guys Ive gotta throw up another pic of the HummPede with Pro-Line Chisel Tires on RPM Revolvers. The wheel size dropped down to 2.2 inch, thats ok though. This combo is close to 7/8 in. taller (which in turn gives me more ground clearance), come with memory foam inserts (from my experience cuts down on wheel bounce and provide for a more stable landing), and have hecka grip on everything i have driven it on so far! Do yourself a favor and avoid the Traxxas Talons. The 2.8 wheels that come on them (all-stars i think, someone correct me if i am wrong) are cool looking but IMO the chrome come off wayyyyyy to easy.

Try something new and exciting dude! I sure am glad i chose these tires over the Trencher (I'm not knocking you guys but you have to admit it) craze!

Derrick
    http://www.hobzob.com/garage/rc/derrick_gillespie

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayergh View Post
    yes brushless was first upgrade what a difference

does it ever end? do you ever get to the point there is nothing else you need for your truck?
    think if i won the lotto i would have one of everything
    Nope, it never ends. And once you find a way to break the upgraded parts, the upgrades for the upgrades cost even more. It eventually gets to the point that bringing the truck home in one piece after a run is considered a failed attempt. Lol

Derrick, you wanna see a hummer pede with extra ground clearance and massive amounts of traction on any dry surface? I built one called the Po-Po-Pede Hummer. Spinner rims and flashing police cherries on front and rear as well as 4 headlights and 2 taillights. One of my first and favorite builds.

Now you know why I took a liking to yours right away! The hummer is one of my favorite looks for the pede, but only looks good with big rubber to match.
    Last edited by BaldyDaniels; 04-13-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    That right there ^^^^^ is a nice setup, what tires/wheels are those? I'm getting ready to put the new RPM Green arms and black dyed chassis on my son's Grave Digger transformed to a p4de. I'd like to look into upgrading the stock Front Monster Jam wheels/tires to these!!
    FLM EMBE, P4de "Digger", Slash MT, Rustler/P4de

Quote Originally Posted by EmaxxChris View Post
    That right there ^^^^^ is a nice setup, what tires/wheels are those? I'm getting ready to put the new RPM Green arms and black dyed chassis on my son's Grave Digger transformed to a p4de. I'd like to look into upgrading the stock Front Monster Jam wheels/tires to these!!
    Those are emaxx wheels and tires ran reversed for maximum offset and some spinners thrown in for the bling factor. Trust me when I say that this is not a setup that is easy on parts. Takes a hefty servo upgrade to turn them bad boys, along with beefed up steering and camber links, hardened carbon steel cvd shafts, high end bearings, lower gearing and many, many detonated internal tranny gears. I ran those wheels and tires to complete 2wd standing backflips, and after completing the flips, I tried bashing with them and man oh man it cost a lot of time and money to run the truck as hard as I do. They are extremely heavy for the p2de to haul around, and although they look super bad, a setup like Derrick has on his pede would be more suitable for bashing. Larger 2.8 or 2.2 tires is the way to go cuz they are way lighter and not so hard on the drivetrain of the p2de.

RC Racer
    I have been in love with that truck since before i started my RC adventure! BTW where do you get spinners for an RC? Do they come with a specific rim or are they "size universal" (as in any 2.2 spinner will fit any 2.2 rim)? The reason i am asking is i am sure my son will want some on his pede when he is big enough to understand.

Derrick
    http://www.hobzob.com/garage/rc/derrick_gillespie

I got them from integy. They are for 3.2 inch wheels. They were originally made for a losi truck that used a 5mm threaded axle, 2 of which are reverse thread. The stampede axles are only 4mm, but I custom make my own axles for an upgrade in strength and my axles have 5mm. They are not plug and play, sorry. When I first saw them, they were 65 bucks per set. Then one day I checked again and saw them being cleared out at 3.50 so I bought 6 sets of em since I knew I could make em work for my trucks. Since two of the mounts are reverse thread, it takes 2 sets to make one set work and will bolt right up to an emaxx or any truck with a 5mm threaded axle. I've looked everywhere for sets that will bolt right on to the stampede, but they don't exist. Ive always liked the look of spinner wheels, and I can pretty much make anything work for my truck if I need to, but it sure woulda been less hassle if they woulda just bolted right on. Lol

Used em on this build as well: