Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    33

    Need Some help please. (Bodies)

    Where can I find a classic car body for my 2X4 Slash.

    Like a 1957 Chevy Bel-Air or a 1969-1970 Chevy Chevelle SS

    Please help thanks!

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    newfoundland
    Posts
    193
    I have seen some classics for the Stampede but not for the Slash .

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    33
    Yeah I have also. But still on the search for the slash.

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    3,684
    Its a tough size to find non-sc bodies in.

    If you find one, it'll probably be 1/10th scale touring car.... which will be way too small.

    For car bodies, you have to look at 1/8th scale GTP style bodies, and you'll only find exotic cars in that size.


    AGES ago, and I mean over 10 years ago, I had a 1/8th scale 80's IROC Camaro body....

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Its a tough size to find non-sc bodies in.

    If you find one, it'll probably be 1/10th scale touring car.... which will be way too small.

    For car bodies, you have to look at 1/8th scale GTP style bodies, and you'll only find exotic cars in that size.


    AGES ago, and I mean over 10 years ago, I had a 1/8th scale 80's IROC Camaro body....
    Yeah I know it sucks thanks though for the comment

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    255
    sweet, was it an iroc z or a regular iroc? do you remember what company made it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Its a tough size to find non-sc bodies in.

    If you find one, it'll probably be 1/10th scale touring car.... which will be way too small.

    For car bodies, you have to look at 1/8th scale GTP style bodies, and you'll only find exotic cars in that size.


    AGES ago, and I mean over 10 years ago, I had a 1/8th scale 80's IROC Camaro body....
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    3,684
    Oh man, my brain cells don't go back that far.....

    Ummm it was a nitro ofna chasis, it was a horrible green color... I paid way too much for a roller.... I can't imagine its still available.

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,118
    cant you just change the body mounts or shock mounts to stampede? i think i heard of someone doing that so they can use a different body.

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,107
    I thought hpi produces a savage with an old challenger the body that would probably fit the slash
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    try towerhobbies.com they have a good selection of bodies(maby u will find a nicer body)

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    3,684
    Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    cant you just change the body mounts or shock mounts to stampede? i think i heard of someone doing that so they can use a different body.
    Its not so much changing the mounts to a Stampede... its the wheelbase. Not just the Slash, but all short course trucks are longer than the typical 1/10th scale car. You can mount just about any body to any car...

    One time a member asked if it was possible to mount the revo body to the Slash.



    Sure, you could.... but it looks funny. The trick is finding a body that has the right wheelbase and width such that it still looks good on a SC chassis.

    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    I thought hpi produces a savage with an old challenger the body that would probably fit the slash
    Good call! I forgot about that body....

    Quote Originally Posted by recon16 View Post
    try towerhobbies.com they have a good selection of bodies(maby u will find a nicer body)
    Another excellent suggestion. Tower has a pretty good variety.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •