Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610

    well i got it running and broke in.. but.. "TREE"

    Well fellas I got my mesh and she fixed thanks to Nitronaught and snooks expert help. But like the title says whatch out for the trees. Ok. I just want to get the parts I can. I broke bulk head and skid plate. What's the best bulkhead I can get for it?




  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    330
    Dang dude that sucks sry to hear it got broken so fast. Also breaks are your best friend lol
    I have no stress because I am the best!

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610
    Yea it sucks but just gives me another reason to take the old parts off and put in stronger newer parts. I like working on it. But love to drive it

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wildman4910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cocoa Florida
    Posts
    3,995
    You can always go back with an $8 set of stockers, but it's always a good time for an upgrade!

    Front & rear bulk sets in both polished & blue, not as light as some but strong.
    ACNCM $50 shipped has both front & rear aluminum bulks.

    In Blue too!


    And just a FYI, T maxx's make horrible chainsaws so next time use the right tool for the job!
    Before you get mad read the sig below!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

    LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    You can always go back with an $8 set of stockers, but it's always a good time for an upgrade!

    Front & rear bulk sets in both polished & blue, not as light as some but strong.
    ACNCM $50 shipped has both front & rear aluminum bulks.

    In Blue too!


    And just a FYI, T maxx's make horrible chainsaws so next time use the right tool for the job!
    Before you get mad read the sig below!
    Thanks wildman I was actually wait on a good pic from ya... T-maxx does make a horrible chainsaw. Thanks I will look them up. I saw some some gpm's on ebay but little pricey so far. But what's not for a hobby u love

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dawson creek bc
    Posts
    1,115
    Golden horizon makes bli aluminum that are strong. I picked up a full set for $60

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,550
    Always remove your skid completely before you order parts.... You will want to check hingepins and steering linkages as well.

    I guess you never heard of the Nitronaught brake mod ??
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    I guess you never heard of the Nitronaught brake mod ??
    Lol whats this mod you speak of oh mighty nitronaught?
    I have no stress because I am the best!

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stillwater, MN
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by ckysmith2011 View Post
    Lol whats this mod you speak of oh mighty nitronaught?
    Best brake mod money can buy, well lots of money anyways. Only downside is I think I owe my neighbors a new mailbox pole cause there's is pretty nicked up.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5c View Post
    Best brake mod money can buy, well lots of money anyways. Only downside is I think I owe my neighbors a new mailbox pole cause there's is pretty nicked up.
    Lol is it that good man i want it now
    I have no stress because I am the best!

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Always remove your skid completely before you order parts.... You will want to check hingepins and steering linkages as well.

    I guess you never heard of the Nitronaught brake mod ??
    What's crazy is I wasn't even going that fast. And I was a baby bush,shrub. Yea I sure will tear it apart first. I drove it for a little bit before I looked at it and seen the front tires cocked to one side. I've been looking off and on all day but I will most likely put a aluminium set on.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610
    Oh thank to all so far for the response and help..

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    frozen white tundra
    Posts
    113
    lol i broke a decorative curved yardblock in half with mine a couple days ago totally broke a new front end off the truck. lol i will be impressed when you cut that tree down with tmaxx

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,550
    Quote Originally Posted by ckysmith2011 View Post
    Lol whats this mod you speak of oh mighty nitronaught?
    Hee Hee Hee....

    Mailbox posts..... They add no weight, cost nothing, and brings your RC to a complete stop instantly.

    But,,,, I'd avoid this one....



    Or this one...

    But when I upgraded my TMAXX now mailboxes fear me.. See!
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Hee Hee Hee....

    Mailbox posts..... They add no weight, cost nothing, and brings your RC to a complete stop instantly.

    But,,,, I'd avoid this one....



    Or this one...

    But when I upgraded my TMAXX now mailboxes fear me.. See!
    LOL yes best upgrade of all. Very expensive tho so i might try to stay away from it. yes i would avoid those to the best of my ability
    Last edited by ckysmith2011; 04-12-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Forgot about the shortening thing, wont happen again
    I have no stress because I am the best!

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610
    Nice pics... Hope I never come across one of those compared to what I hit.

  17. #17
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    frozen white tundra
    Posts
    113
    I AM TMAXX fear me mailbox post lol

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    330
    ^^^^+2^^^^ lol
    I have no stress because I am the best!

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sanford Fl
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnhisrevo View Post
    Yea it sucks but just gives me another reason to take the old parts off and put in stronger newer parts. I like working on it. But love to drive it
    good day when you can work on it replace some old parts with better ones then drive the heck out of it again

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayergh View Post
    good day when you can work on it replace some old parts with better ones then drive the heck out of it again
    Always a good day when I get to drive it never a good day when I gotta tell the ole lady I gotta spend money on the maxx not good...

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sanford Fl
    Posts
    310
    never a good day when I gotta tell the ole lady I gotta spend money on the maxx not good...

    mine is into fish tanks and spending money on that so we kind of have a don't ask don't tell policy
    think i'm waaaaay ahead got to support my nitro habit you know

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    indpls.in
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    You can always go back with an $8 set of stockers, but it's always a good time for an upgrade!

    Front & rear bulk sets in both polished & blue, not as light as some but strong.
    ACNCM $50 shipped has both front & rear aluminum bulks.

    In Blue too!


    And just a FYI, T maxx's make horrible chainsaws so next time use the right tool for the job!
    Before you get mad read the sig below!
    yea i looked these up.. ordering the blue ones. thanks

  23. #23
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Alden, NY
    Posts
    158
    I hit a bleacher with mine sat. Lol. It bent my nicely painted front skid plate, missed the bumper, broke the battery box, and cracked the fuel tank. Can't figure out how. Nothing there to hit the battery box and fuel tank! Hmmmmmm lol.

  24. #24
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,900
    Breeze, chassis torque probably cracked the tank. Or did you go underneath the bleachers and the top of the tank caught the bottom of the bleacher. I went through fuel tanks consistently before I switched to the review tank. Having 4 mounting points makes it more fragile compared to 2. I even tried using o-rings between the chassis and the legs.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    TRXnot so Newbie21

  25. #25
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16
    You can always go back with an $8 set of stockers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •