Thread: Mamba Max Pro?

RC Racer

Mamba Max Pro?

Can I run a Mamba Max Pro with the stock 2200Kv motor from an ERBE in my Summit? Will the MMP handle that motor on 6s? Or should I just go with the Monster ESC?

RC Qualifier
    you should go with sensored

RC Racer
    Or what other Castle motor woull have enogh umph to power the Summit using a MMP?

RC Qualifier
    dont know that castle has one. tekin t8 or xerun

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jodart View Post
    Can I run a Mamba Max Pro with the stock 2200Kv motor from an ERBE in my Summit? Will the MMP handle that motor on 6s? Or should I just go with the Monster ESC?
    You can use it but only 4s in big trucks like that and it will be really reliable. 6s is to much for all the weight and size of the truckso if you use 6s get the mmm esc

RC Racer
    Just doin some lookin, how about that 1415 2400kv motor with MMP?

RC Racer
    I guess for the price difference I might as well just go with the monster, then I'll never be left wanting more in a speed control.

If you are interested in crawling and going slow with good throttle control
    Then a sensored system is what you would be looking for. I ran the MMP with a 2250 kv on 4s and it was plenty fast for this truck. 6s is hard on the drivetrain

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jodart View Post
    That's what I'm running however my MM is waterproofed on 4s. I assumed it could handle 6s but the Summit would be undriveable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I ran an MMP/2650 system in my Stampede 4X4 when it was first introduced and the ESC never even got warm on 3S. On 4S in a summit I know there are lots of guys running that setup and it seems to work fine. The nice thing about it is the ESC is really small... so theres more room on the chassis... not that this is a big issue but the MMM ESC is pretty big. On 6S though you really need to go with a full 1/8 ESC.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Ok so I'm indecisive. I went with the MMP. I can run the 2200kv on 4s in the summit, check. So now please tell me of my sensored options. Thankyou for all the advice.

RC Competitor
    I just bought a Tekin 2000kv T8 and a RX8 and I am sold man! And thats me coming from a MMM 2200kv set up

I'm going to try the rx8 esc and a 2000 kv sensored xerun Motor. Will also have the evx dewalt combo for bad weather

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    there is a youtube vid of someone using the castle mamba and it does it all. its fast, but it also crawls supper sweet.
    my buddy at my local hobby shop that sells nearly all
    traxxas vehicles, ran into a guy who personally runs the mamba, and the message relayed was "my TRAXXAS SUMMIT" has no problems crawling with the mamba monster.

though i am on the fence about going brushless, apparently the mamba monster is the way to go with the TRAXXAS SUMMIT.

RC Competitor
    Mamba Monster is not a sensored ESC. I had the Mamba Monster 2200Kv set up, it was awesome but cogged alot when trying to go slow or crawl. This was not a problem, it didnt effect performance or anything. Its just hard on the motor aka not good on it. That is why a sensored motor/esc is better. I always assumed the MMP was a little small for the summit, but I would imagine you would be find if you keep it at a 4s. Tekin RX8/T8 cannot complain here. Dont get me wrong tho Mamba Monster is a good combo (I have a 2200 MM set up in my Revo conversion and slayer conversion), but why not get sensored for $10?

RC Qualifier
    Tekin rx8 is unrivaled in the summit, mmm isn't even close. I have both systems and suggest Sensored rx8 over mmm all day.

RC Qualifier
    How about the Novak ballistic or HV motors? They are sensored, come in a wide range of kv. They are 550 can motors, I have a 7.5 turn HV motor (3000 kv) and I swapped in the wide rotor assembly making it a 2250 KV unit. Runs great so far, barely gets warm.

RC Qualifier
    If your happy with your set up then you picked the right one. The key is Sensored. My opinion is tekin....jersey-does novak have a Sensored esc?

RC Champion
    Sorry to revive this but am I reading this right?

People are running their 1/10 Summit with the MMP ESC? As in this one that I'm using on my 1/16 E-Revo!?

I'm aaaaaaasking because I ordered a Chinese 150A $58 ESC that I'm STILLLL waiting to receive in the mail, and find nothing about it on the internet. I'm worried it'll die, and I'll have to spend another $250 after taxes for a new ESC to power the 2100kv 4-pole sensored motor I'm also waiting on.

If the MMP can run the 2100kv, then holy heck am I ever worry free!
    Last edited by krallopian; 09-18-2012 at 10:34 PM.

RC Champion
    The mmp is a very versatile speed controller. It came stock (disguised as a flux blur) in the 12 lb savage 2650 rated at 4s lipo, it comes stock (again disguised) in some losi 1/10 short course trucks and yes using 4s you could run it successfully in the summit brushed or brushless. But most people go 1/8 Tekin for the increased power handling. ( too much power does not exist).
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    Awesome news, because I never run my little guy anymore, it's so sad! BUT I can take it's heart and put it to use in my Summit why not!?! I'm not going to do this right away, I'm hoping I won't HAVE To and that this 150A one - one of the few names that get starred out here - DOES last then I won't need to, but I've found videos of the MMP running in what appear to be 1/10 Slash setups on 4s.

To be clear, 2100kv 4s Sensored in my Summit with the 1/10 MMP won't be a problem? I won't be running 6s because all I can fit in my design is ONE 5000mah 4S 35c lipo.

Thanks for the good news Noir! =)

RC Champion
    Look up an older Traxxas member, Quadiak he ran an mmp in his summit very well with good speeds
    See his Sumbot build thread.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Look up an older Traxxas member, Quadiak he ran an mmp in his summit very well with good speeds
    See his Sumbot build thread.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ead-By-Quadiak
    I just so happen to have that link saved I like his rear steering setup so I'm going to build the same

RC Champion
    Hilarious yeah, thanks for linking me to his name! It's because of him, that I gave it a shot. Sure enough the MMP certainly DOES work, and works GREAT in the Summit with this 2100kv sensored!

Thanks a ton! *cheers