RC poster

Answer Me Please

well i will buy a traxxas for my birthday i dont know so much about these cars
    which is better?
    -Traxxas Slash 4x4 or Traxxas Slayer?
    - 1/16 E-REVO vxl or the Slash 4X4?
    answer why pleaseeee

RC Champion
    Okay the slash 4x4 and the slayer are completely different trucks, the main reason being ones nitro and ones electric.
    Have you ever owned or driven a hobby grade rc before? If not DO NOT get the nitro slayer. Nitros are for the more experienced. They are more finicky and difficult to tune, so you really need someone there to help you do it who has experience.
    What kind of terrain are you going to run on? If you want to run on grass, don't get 1/16 models they will not go through grass good. (they're too small, especially the tires.)
    So I would say absolutely get the slash 4x4! No question about it! if you don't mind though I would say the stampede 4x4 would be just as good if not better.
    By the way, welcome to the forum, you will find lots of knowledgeable people here who are very willing to help so come here whenever you have any question.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    I agree with upbasher, ive had all the 1/16, you need to run big tires, and still its not as fun as a slash 4x4 or stampede 4x4. I have both of them currently and the biggest problem i have, is which one to run!
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Very well said.

I also agree... stampede 4X4 for general purpose bashing. It can pretty much go anywhere and/or do anything.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    +1 for the 4x4 Slash - awesome first RC . A 2x4 Slash or Stampede would be a good start - upgrade to the 4x4 models even better start . I agree the nitro can be a pain for anyone even with 20+ years experience as an automotive tech @ a dealership and playing/racing snowmobiles , the electric RC's offer the simple fun of use - that a nitro cant touch (thats why I switched - though I will have another nitro now that we have a Slash and a Stampede)

RC Champion
    Nitros are a ton of fun to drive but they are very finicky.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

If you go brushless, the electric will be faster than gas.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    I love my slash 4x4 it is simple, state of the art ,upgradable, and also commands respect on any terrain.
    J.R.

RC poster
    Oh yea don't even ask, Brushless isthe only way to go.
    J.R.

RC Champion
    4x4 slash. that is my next rc. i have a 2wd slash now and i love it. you can always put stampede wheel hexes and wheels and tires on the slash 4x4 to give it the monster truck capability.