Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

RC Racer

Hardcore Racing Pro .15 purple Tmaxx build

Im new to the Traxxas forum, but Im not new to forums and the rc world at all. I posted this build on a few other sites, but just haven't had much interest in it. So, I figured I would post it here just to give more people the chance to see it and post comments. I will post a few post at first to get everyone caught up to where I am in the build.

Well I have gotten into the Hardcore parts and have to say they are some of my favorites. Im going to be doing a few builds with their stuff in the future hopefully. The first one is going to be based on the .15 Pro TI chassis with a purple theme. It wont be completely purple though, there will be silver and natural titanium to break it up. I'm also doing a HCR Emaxx green theme at the same time, so this build wont be fast as I'm collecting hard to find parts for 2 trucks at the same time. If you have questions or comments please post it up. If you have parts please let me know:yes:

Here is my Hardcore section

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Chassis
    [IMG][/IMG]

Receiver box installed
    [IMG][/IMG]

From the under side
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Dude you're sitting on a gold mine there.
    Where in blazes did you get all that HCR stuff?
    Keep the progress pics coming, this is a very interesting project
    you have going here.
    To me it is anyway,
    My Karma runneth over your Dogma.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the comment tasteslikechicken.

To the right people this stuff is valuable, but it seems there is only a few of those people left out there. I have actually only been collecting hardcore parts for about 5 months. I have put a good bit of money into it and countless hours searching the internet for parts. Here is more of the progress that has been made. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I will have it caught up to the actual state that the build is in.

Short servo mounts mounted (wish I could find purple ones)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tall servo mounts (wish I could find these in purple as well)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Chassis braces (Once again, purple would be nice)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Center skid mounted (I have one in purple but haven't decided if Im going to use it since I only have the natural TI color for the front and rear skids. I think purple braces and then the natural TI color skids will be the way I go)
    [IMG][/IMG]

A little peak at my new HCR wheels I just got today
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow! That looks amazing! Looking forward to see more!

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Racer
    Thanks danielhr77, Im glad to see some people are interested in this. Keep in mind Im still copying these first few post from another forum where I originally started this build. By the end of tomorrow I will have this thread all caught up.

Got the motor mount mounted in today. Should have more rear bulkheads this week and be able to get those mounted and then assemble the rear suspension.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here is a picture of another pro chassis I picked up during the middle of this build. Figured yall might want to see what the future builds will start on.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Here is some updated pics of the collection. Im waiting on one more part to have everything I need.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Good stuff man. Do you have any big block chassis' in your collection?
    I've always wanted to build a Mutant Maxx like the one featured
    on the HCR website but they were way out of my price range
    back in the day. Nowadays I bet they're pretty tough to find.

RC Racer
    You mean like this one?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yes, I do have a Mutant Maxx. Im also going to get a Hardcore extended chassis for a big block to build a runner out of eventually.

RC Racer
    Finally making some progress. Found some purple chassis braces that I think go a lot better than the silver ones.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Blazerss1; 04-12-2012 at 11:46 PM.

I don't think your peg board can handle all that expensive stuff weighing it down like that Blazerss1..

Just ship them off to me OK? You need to stop messing with all that RC stuff, your too obsessed....

I'll handle the shipping ....

Glad to see you back....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Racer
    HAHA Nitro. I will get all my stuff boxed up tonight for you

Check out the bulkheads Im using. Notice how they have more material cut out than the purple and silver bulkheads at the bottom of the picture.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Ok, this post brings everything up to the current state that the build is in. More progress will be made this weekend. Here is what I just got in the mail this past week. For me this is like the tip top of my Hardcore parts. This was very hard to find and a really rare piece, especially new in the bag.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Here are a few new pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Looking good man, I wasn't sure at first, but I like the purple
    Matthew 7:7

nice build you got going here, i would love to build me a ue maxx but thats way to rich for my blood, i honestly think if i had one with that much aluminum on it i would never use it lol. just be a shelf queen.

but i love watching the builds if nothing else
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    but i love watching the builds if nothing else [/QUOTE]

no matter how much aluminum. id have to drive it.
    ;D
    I dream of big block power...

RC Racer
    Thanks for the comments guys.

I also would like to build a UE maxx one day but it won't be anytime soon $$$. I have a few UE parts so far, but Im far from having enough to do anything.

Nice stuff Bazerss1Ö
    Can you confirm that these towers are HCR? Iíve had them for a while and thought they were integunk. Iíve bashed the snot out of them and they show no ill effects. I have the body posts as well which also look identical to yours.

No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    Dont mean to butt in but..I think these are the Intejunk shock towers you're refferring
    to Snook Man. Difference being These have multiple shock mount locations and
    the infamous Integy stamp.

You're safe buddy.

RC Racer
    Snookman, yours are in fact HCR. Integy's have the logo usually, plus the sides of the body post holes are more square instead of being slightly round like on yours. Also, HCR made single shock mount towers and the three shock mount towers. I have only seen the three shock mounts by Integy. HCR stuff always has mill marks in it as well and none of there stuff is polished, even the silver is anodized. Integy's has a more polished look and usually no mill marks. It can be difficult to tell, but there are enough differences to be able to figure it out.

Now snookman, you need to put those in a box and send them to me. I will pm you my address, were close enough I could even come pick them up if you want me to

Yea!!!
    I wasnít all that concerned about them as I got them in a parts lot.
    I did use them on my mutant buggy/maxx build and thought when I installed them that they looked like integy but the finish was different, looked original and there was no branding to be seen. The machining marks are very prevalent on these compared to the integy stuff. I even made a mental note when I installed them that I wonder how long theses will last.
    Now I know why they held up so well.
    You learn something new every day

If you do need them to finish another build I could be persuaded to let them go now that Iíve seen your parts wall

RC Racer
    Made some more progress. Seems that there is a lot of silver in the front and rear suspension. I really intended for this to be a more purple than silver truck, so Im kind of thinking about changing some things. I have a Purple emaxx chassis Im going to build and it would probably look better with more silver in the suspension areas since the chassis is a solid purple piece. Not really sure what to do yet, but leave feedback if you have any suggestions.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Pretty rare HCR titanium extenders

[IMG][/IMG]

Short arms are now full length extended arms

[IMG][/IMG]

UE 6mm shafts

[IMG][/IMG]

Progressive Suspension shocks

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    pretty sick build man. and def agree need some purple in the arms to much silver needs alittle more contrast there.

I like it as is. Once you mount the wheels/tires it will take away some of the silver of the suspension.

I see in your UE thread that you looking for an engine with a purple cooling head and wanting to keep it relatively small displacement.

Most donít know about this engine. Itís a direct drop in for the Tmaxx and comes with roto starter, header and pipe for about $300.00
    They also have the revo exhaust header version.

RC Qualifier
    Purple anodised hub carriers would set this baby off nice.

It would look really cool in those aluminum rims.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Racer
    This is a work of art man very nice. I did not think that purple would turn out that cool, but so far I am eating those words. I wish that I had the money to do something similar to this even if it wasn't something of this caliber. I feel bad every time that I spend anything over 40 or 50 bucks. I do have one question though. Are the bumpers a different color than the rest of the purple on the truck? It may be the pictures, but I think it would look off having those on there. It still looks great, but a closer match would be sick.

RC Champion
    Even though it looks awesome I recommend not using the aluminum bumper braces. They will just bend if you hit a curb or tree or just tumble wrong.

The rest looks amazing though! Keep up the good work. Anyway you'd mind sharing the price of each part? I'm mostly curious of the A-arm price.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Racer
    Wow, thanks for all the responses guys. It makes me feel awesome to see you guys are actually following this build and seem to be liking it.

Bombersti, thanks man, Im thinking the same thing about more purple in there.

Thanks snookman for the info on the motor, I have never seen that one. HCR made purple heads, but I don't have one yet. They were for the TRX .15 and then various OS motors.

Nitrotrout, I know of 2 people with the purple carriers and thats the only ones I have ever seen. If I ever find some though I will own them. But your right, it would look great.

Wvaughn7, I wasn't a fan of purple until I got one of these parts in my hand. When I saw it I instantly had to have more and started planning a build. The bumpers are a different color purple. The reason is because they are made out of titanium as oppose to aluminum. When you anodize titanium it doesn't come out the same as aluminum. I have seen some closer to a match than mine, but they also sold for $125. A little high for me. Mine are really nice in person, when you take them outside they actually change colors in the light. Almost looks like chrome illusion paint.

Trxnewbie21, thanks for the comments. This one will be a show truck only, so no worries of bending anything. If it were a runner I wouldn't use half of these parts. I will tell you the price of anything you want to know. I keep up with every single part I buy (from who/where, and how much I paid) although I try not to look at it too much. For the used short silver arms(the ones on the truck now) I paid $50 from a good friend that was helping me out (keep in mind I now owe him a good deal). I have 2 sets of extended used silver arms that I paid $100 and $130 for. Then I have a set of new short purple arms I paid $110 for and a set of new short green arms I paid $100 for. Holy crap, thats almost $500 in arms, this is why I never look at my list or add up what I have in this stuff. To give you an idea on the other stuff, I have bought 6 complete trucks so far just to get a couple of parts off of them. If you want to know what I have in more parts just PM me

Love the purple, you could always have the silver bit's anodized purple if need be.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Man.. that looks amazing. Love all the work you have done it looks soooooo good

RC Qualifier
    So Blazerss, dont suppose you'd be willing to part with that Mutant Maxx would you?

You'd have money in your pocket to invest in this fine project and chances are
    you'd never miss it anyhow.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post
    So Blazerss, dont suppose you'd be willing to part with that Mutant Maxx would you?

You'd have money in your pocket to invest in this fine project and chances are
    you'd never miss it anyhow.
    For some reason,,, I don't think your the first to ask this question....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Racer
    Thanks for the comments guys. I think I have figured out the color issues, so it should start coming together now. Keep in mind Im building a purple emaxx right after this truck and I had to figure out between the parts I have what looked best on each truck. If only I had and endless supply of money and HCR parts these issues wouldn't come up

Nitrotrout, the MutantMaxx is actually something I have considered selling. There is someone that has told me there interested in it, but I haven't really pushed them to see how interested they are. I will contact them and see if they really wanted it or not. I will PM you details.

RC Racer
    Finally decided on how its going to be. Had to do a lot of changing of parts and colors to see what looked best where and on what truck (building a purple emaxx after this one). Ended up sticking with my original plans. I do have a little surprise for wheels though, I can't wait. Here's new pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Changed the wall up a bit and added some more parts

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    All I have to say is WOW...Very cool looking build man!!

RC Racer
    Thanks Dan.

RC Qualifier
    Omg that looks soooooo cool. My girlfriend said "its so cute.. we all love it can't wait to see it finished

RC Racer
    Thanks Chris, thats the first "cute" I've gotten, but I will take it.

Here's more pics of the progress

Tie rods are completely titanium, even the ends
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Thats awesome! Looks great Blazer.

RC Qualifier
    Shelf queen or basher?