RC Racer

What is a good motor /esc to put in a Slash 4x4

My ESC is bad on my new truck hardly have ran it according to Traxxas support . So was wondering what is a good system to put in it . I am leary of the Velineon System now .

RC Racer
    it really depends on what you do with the truck bash or race? and your budget of course. I bash and race with castle mmp2400 on 4s but not every track allows such motors and packs. Its a quick way up chew up 240$ but if all you do is bash its worth every penny

RC Racer
    I mainly bash , sometimes race . No budget, just want something reliable . I have not ran to much on the Velineon system and just want something that will last longer than a month or so . Only ran it like 10-15 times at like 20 minutes . So just wanting a cool system that I will not have to change every month.

RC Qualifier
    Definantly go with the MMP/2400 for 3s-4s use or the MMP/3800 for 2s.

Youll love the insane tourque of those 4 pole motors and the quality of the elctronics is top notch. Castle Creations makes very good products.

With the 2400 you can gear it to the moon and still have low temps. it is a great system and will not let you down.
    in either combo try to get the version witht the 5mm shaft. much stronger and beefier.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

The 2400 system has lasted me a year without any problems! I can recommend that motor! It has done me quite well. I put one in my New truck so it would also be trouble free
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    im a fan of tekin products. the tekin rx8 esc is amazing and i like their pro 4 motors

RC Enthusiast
    Im running the 1415-2400/mmp on 3s, bashing away with low temps and solid performance. Ditto on the 5mm shaft, ive already replaced the 3.2.

RC Racer
    +1 on the tekin RX-8. I also like my novak 550 5.5T motor. It comes off the track ice cold after a full 6 minute qualifier and 8 minute main. If I were to do it again, i would probably get the novak 550 5.0T for a little more kv. The motor comes off the track so cool that I would trade a little more heat for the bit more kv. Nothing a little more gear wont cure, but there is so much torque that a little could be traded off for kv and still come of the track verry cool.

RC Qualifier
    Tekin Pro4 4000kv & MMP.I wanted the RX-8 but my wife and two daughters wouldn't let me take there laptop when I go bashing or to the track.I run 2.8 rims with 4.85 Trenchers bashing and JC 4.7 subcultures at the track bash.That's why I went with the 4000kv motor.It really surprised my with it's smoothness and efficiency.Not to mention the ease of maintenance.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    dont even bother with the vxl esc tear it out and put in a mamba monster combo 2650 if u wanna use 4s lipos 2200kv if u wanna use up to 6s lipos i myself have the mamba and it is awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG23 View Post
    +1 on the tekin RX-8. I also like my novak 550 5.5T motor. It comes off the track ice cold after a full 6 minute qualifier and 8 minute main. If I were to do it again, i would probably get the novak 550 5.0T for a little more kv. The motor comes off the track so cool that I would trade a little more heat for the bit more kv. Nothing a little more gear wont cure, but there is so much torque that a little could be traded off for kv and still come of the track verry cool.
    I agree with you on the Novak being a great little motor! I already had the MMP esc and stumbled across a deal on a brand new 2400 motor for under $100! I couldn't pass it up. I still have the Novak, if I put all of my spare parts together, I am like four parts away from another full truck. When I do that, I already have a for it
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    on the CC 2400 system can you use 2s lipos . I have several of them and hate to waste them ? Also what is a good pinion to use for this motor ? Also does that motor and esc fit in the slash without modifications ??

RC Racer
    El Sob , love the RAIDERS logo on the truck !! Go raiders!!

RC Qualifier
    u can use up to 4s = 2 s in series or w.e it is the mamba monster supports up to a 6s 2 3cells

RC Racer
    Cmane419, thats a good point. I hear that alone 2S isn't amazing on the MMP 2400 and it doesn't necessarily come alive until you use upwards of 3S+ but running a couple of 2S in series would solve his problem.
    I'm just a big hairy American winning machine

RC Qualifier
    yeah i run 2 3s in series on my slash 4x4 2200kv combo and i see a major diff between 4s and 6s it all depends if ur a basher, soeed runner or a racer i know our local track only allows 2s because the rest eat up the track and are too fast