RC poster

TQi conversion for REVO 3.3

Hey there, re-caught the R/C bug after many years, just bought a Revo 3.3 and was getting ready to order the telemetry kit when I realized I bouught the older model with the TQ transmitter!! My bad I guess; just went off of the part number of the truck on the Traxxas website didn't realize they recently changed the transmitter. Is it possible to exchange the TQ transmitter and receiver for the TQi transmitter/receiver in the Revo so I can get the telemetry??

Thanks!!

RC Racer
    i also did the same thing... the tech notes on the TowerHobbies stated that it shipped with the TQi transmitter.

I believe its all the same truck (feel free to correct me guys) except for the Transmitter and maybe the receiver?

Might be easier to check out ebay and find someone whos purchased a truck that shipped with the TQi and doesnt want/like it (ie they already have a leet controller)
    And then you could sell your TQ2.4 on ebay to try and make up the losses.

I was abit let down if im honnest.
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

RC poster
    Thanks Lincoln87, this is what I was planning to do; just wanted to make sure it was possible. Thanks for the reply!!

RC Enthusiast
    Same truck different receiver and transmitter that's it. And u have to. Buy telemetry stuff extra.

RC Champion
    The telemetry doesn't come with the TQi. You just get a new remote and receiver - you can put any receiver and any remote on cars it doesn't matter.

The TQi is a remote that has the capability to run telemetry through an iPod of iPhone, but you need to buy the iPhone TQi base, and separate sensors etc.. I bought the TQi Summit only to realize I still need $100 worth of extras to get telemetry.

The remote is nice though, has a higher range than the older TQ's AND has no antenna (it's surface mounted to the pc board inside)

*cheers

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    The telemetry doesn't come with the TQi. You just get a new remote and receiver - you can put any receiver and any remote on cars it doesn't matter.

The TQi is a remote that has the capability to run telemetry through an iPod of iPhone, but you need to buy the iPhone TQi base, and separate sensors etc.. I bought the TQi Summit only to realize I still need $100 worth of extras to get telemetry.

The remote is nice though, has a higher range than the older TQ's AND has no antenna (it's surface mounted to the pc board inside)

*cheers
    Awesome!! Thanks for the replies; can't wait to get the truck and start burnin' some nitro!