Thread: LiPo is no joke

RC Enthusiast

LiPo is no joke

Finally got to run my slash on lipo today made a few half throttle passes. Then i got a little risky and goosed it truck did a wheely, the cartwheeled for 20ft and a curb kindly stopped it broke both rear carriers

RC Racer
    Yep. LiPo will do that, LOL.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Thats about the long and short of it. Lipo provides that extra umpfff that gets the nose up.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Yeah, takes a little getting used to, but it's a fun learning process!!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Enthusiast
    I also believe that throwing in the SV2 instantly and not keeping my Titan in to learn the ups and downs of lipo

Upgrade!!!

Go with STRC alu bearing carriers at all 4 corners.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    How do you guys ever get wheelies on slash, i have a vxl setup and run 2s lipo 7.4v, and i never get to do wheelies, i even have a stock gearing for OK torque, and still nothing

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriganosa View Post
    How do you guys ever get wheelies on slash, i have a vxl setup and run 2s lipo 7.4v, and i never get to do wheelies, i even have a stock gearing for OK torque, and still nothing
    You may need to tighten the slipper a bit more and make sure you have tires that bite and hook up! Mine wheelies on 2s and is crazy fun on 3s! Battery 'C' rating may play into the punch factor too along with battery condition and motor condition.

RC Qualifier
    my battery C rate is 40-50 discharge, so it should do the job, i may have current flow problems with my lipo because when i got it from the factory, the wires were so thick i couldn't solder any connectors to it, so i soldered a traxxas extension which basically changed the current flow... that would be my guess

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Upgrade!!!

Defiantly upgrading as soon as my paycheck drops

As far as wheelies go my slipper is backed off 1/4 a turn and i also run a Castle SV2 with 4600kv motor plus my tires hooked
    up real good on the asphalt parking lot i run on.
    Last edited by speraw09; 04-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriganosa View Post
    supposedly upgrading to tires with real grip helps... I've only run the stock BF Goodrich tires and also the Stampede Talon tires on it... better traction with the Talons, but nothing like what the Proline Trenchers or Mashers are supposed to give... I'd bet that good tires and 3S will probably = wild wheelies...
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Racer
    On 2s my vxl will wheelie at will with the stock suspension . When I added the proline protrac/big bore shocks it keeps the nose down except for hard launches . At any speed hitting a bump that lightens the front end when on the throttle results in a slash straight up LOL- you have to love Lipo !!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Upgrade!!!

Aluminum bearing carriers are probably a good upgrade, but I'll never order STRC again... friend ordered their steering bellcranks for 4x4 Slash and they come with no instructions and don't come with the miscelaneous hardware required to fully install them and there is no support phone number, no email response from their website... if I want aluminum parts, I'll buy Traxxas or REM or FLM or Golden Horizons. If a company can't bother to include instructions and all the hardware and support their products, they don't deserve my money!
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Enthusiast
    What could I do to lower the motor temp. When i got down running yesterday it was too hot to touch.

RC Champion
    avoid grass, gear down a little but not to much, if your running 3s go to 2s, higher c rating, make sure gears arent to tight, and get a temp gun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    avoid grass, gear down a little but not to much, if your running 3s go to 2s, higher c rating, make sure gears arent to tight, and get a temp gun.
    You forgot about Heat sink haha.

RC Champion
    lol. well the esc has one already and you cant fit one on the motor. a traxxas fan on the esc would help a little though.