RC poster

Cool Stampede modded #3678 wheelie bar!!!!

ok.. so i went to my local hobby shop.. and the guy there accidently sold me the wrong wheelie bar

i have the 4109 nitro stampede.. and he sold me the #3678 wheelie bar for the ELEC Stampede..

i even asked about it before i bought, anfd he assured me it would fit with minimal effort.. ya..OK!

pulled out the dremmel and went to work..

the stock rear bumper got cut in half.. making it ALOT easier to access the battery pack.. first great idea..

then i tapped some 4 new holes in bottom of the wheelie bar mount AND the rear bumper..(just before the battery box.. also had the cut notches into the battery box to accomidate the screws) and took the 4 screws and CA to it..

left it over night.. then modded some stock traxxas shocks (bent the rod to the proper angle mid shaft so the springs clear the battery box and attach to the wheelie bar mount.. i also popped out the ball joints that were pressed into the shocks and used the dremmel to shave down the mounts)

all i did for the side that "attached" to the main rear shock tower.. was simply use the mounts of the shock caps to wedge into the larger holes of the tower just under the exhaust mount.. and BAM.. they slide out "easy" (well. they wont fall out on impact, you need to tension the springs a fair ammount to get them to slide out.. and the mounts that attach to the wheelie bar mount itself rotate to make it easier to get em out of the way to change batteries and such)

TWO SCREWS IN MY MOUNT PIC ARE HIDDEN... I PUT IN TWO FROM THE BOTTOMINTO THE BAR MOUNT.. AND TWO FROM THE TOP THROUGH THE BUMPER... AND CA'D THEM IN PLACE

works AMAZING.. the bent shaft of the shock prevents the rod from sliding in too far, thusly allowing only so much play in the rear bumper.. and the springs provide the perfect ammount of cushioning to absorb the impact of those hard wheelies)

oh and BTW.. THE STARTER STILL FITS NO WORRIES!!!!!!

heres some pix!!

Last edited by reapers_reptiles; 04-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.

i'm gonna be using the jato wheelie bar using the holes in it and drilling some holes into the battery box as i dont use it since i have a rx pack in front on the shock tower and maybe add some long screws and lock nuts to mount the wheelie bar. i'll be posting pics up when its done. looks good way to go on the installation. looks good.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    how do u post pic

RC poster
    Goto photobucket.com.. Register and upload pix there.. And then use the url link

RC poster
    have fun with that.. if i were you id scrap the jato bar idea....but thats just me..

i had considered doing the same.. but decided against it

the jato bar is flat plastic while the #3678 bar has stronger "caged" mount construction..

not only is my idea MUCH stonger.. but the #3678 wheelie bar is adjustable to different heights, making high speed wheelies and jump recovery ALOT easier and far more stable.... AND there is a SUSPENSION system built right into my mod... and that goes straight from the wheeliebar adjustment mount to the shock tower!!!

can anyone say shock absorption?!

but thats just my humble opinion... when your jato bar snaps and you decide to try my idea.. feel free to pm with any questions
    Last edited by reapers_reptiles; 04-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.

ok will do thanks for the advice.

RC poster
    re-read my reply.. must have been having a bad day.. my apologies..

the jato bar is cool looking, and it would almost look like you bought the truck that way (as opposed to my idea that has a couple unsightly screws and CA) but it wouldnt be nearly as strong

i usually try to explain my opinion of the pros and cons of boths idea's.. but i usually tend to be a bit nicer then i was about it
    again.. appologies

its ok havent had the best week here. will post pics when i manage to mount the wheelie bar still waiting to move finally this 18th will be but rc's wont be unpacked for about another week after that.