RC Competitor

Question Alloy inner diff case help????

HI, i brought a alloy inner diff case from integy but my question is dose anybody know if the diff gears from the stock fit inside the alloy 1, because it seems that the ibar support dont fit and neither do the small metal end bits that hold the gears .. the diff gears fit but not in the same way as the plastic unit?? help please

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
    HI, i brought a alloy inner diff case from integy but my question is dose anybody know if the diff gears from the stock fit inside the alloy 1, because it seems that the ibar support dont fit and neither do the small metal end bits that hold the gears .. the diff gears fit but not in the same way as the plastic unit?? help please
    Those parts (ibeam and end supports) aren't used in any of the alloy diff cups that I've seen. Those braces were Traxxas's "solution" for making the diffs able to handle brushless power instead of just making new 1/8th scale diffs which is what they should have done.
    Last edited by candy76man; 04-10-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    ahhh cool man i thought so.. ill be puttin these alloy 1s to good use, tks

RC Qualifier
    you will have to do some filing down of the "I" bar to get it to fit. every alloy diff case that i have had to have me do some filing of the I bar. even my summit ones.
    Last edited by OnebadTMAXX3.3; 04-10-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Competitor
    Ok thanks . So you think I actually need to use the Ibar? Will I weaken the alloy diff case if I don't use the Ibar ? Dremal in hand awaiting instruction lol

RC Qualifier
    i had the same and both front and rear cracked. good luck tho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
    Ok thanks . So you think I actually need to use the Ibar? Will I weaken the alloy diff case if I don't use the Ibar ? Dremal in hand awaiting instruction lol
    yes i would try that first check fitment. do a little at a time
    Revenge 1/8 buggy