I have one of the stock batteries(7.2V 1200MaH) and I had to store it for a week. Before the one week storage period, I charged it at 1 amp how I always do. When I got back, I plugged it in and my MERV was quite sluggish and slow. I drove until the battery was basically dead and then I charged it(@ 1 amp). The car performed as normal- quick acceleration, wheelies, and great power. When I took the battery out after that last drive, the plastic around one of the cells was all cracked and shriveled up due to extreme heat. This has happened to me before, typically due to charging batteries too quickly. This battery is only three weeks old and only has about 30 runs on it. What do you think is causing for the individual cells to die? I think it is either that my cheap $30 charger is not charging at the rate it says it is or I ruined the battery by charging it before storing for a week. What do you think?
I hope that wasn't too wordy or confusing. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.