RC Enthusiast

Is there better info for tqi?

Hey everyone.
    I have been buying and adding tqi rx to all my models nitro and electric. But having a hard time binding some.
    Here is my problem I have installed a tqi rx in my slayer and it won't bind. Just comes up as a revo 3.3. (on iPod). It is a rx out of a summit. So on previous models it usually came up as whatever it was originally in. So yesterday I took I pod dock off that summit tqi tx. And put on my slayer tx. And it worked for slayer.( I could not get the rx to bind before I tried this ). Even swapping rx out with diff one). Buyout my problem is I I have Ross starter on all my models. So I need summit remote. Need extra channels. For starter to work. Is there a download other than ones on this site. That have more info on these processes. Does traxxas have a better user manual. The 4 page insert doesnt really explain how to do anything. If not u really should. And not just for this process. But for more of the things u can do with the tqi and iPod.

RC Competitor
    With the ipod not connected to the the remote, go into the traxxas app and delete the Revo 3.3 from the memory, and any other vehicles you don't have.
    When you bind to the receiver, it'll then come up as an unrecognised mordel, and promt you for what it is.
    See if that helps.

RC Enthusiast
    I'll give it a whirl

RC Enthusiast
    No it didn't work I even got the slayer into the iPod buy switching docing base to the slayer tx so it all worked but I need that extra switch. Soooo I switched doc back to summit remote with slayer active and it auto goes back to revo unlinked no matter what I do even with rx off. So it's gotta be the tx. So I'm gonna try resetting it again. Witch I have done already but ya never know