RC Racer

Need help with spur gear rubbing holes in my air filter!!!

I just replaced my air filter on my revo 3.3 after my spur gear rubbed a hole in the air filter. I believe i have the spur gear on right (writing facing away from tranny). The pinion gear meshes fine with the spur gear, but the engine is so close to the tranny the air filter actually pushes on the spur gear. The pinion gear sticks out past the spur gear (if that makes any sense. the pinion is closer to the tranny than the spur gear.) I just replaced the rear bulkhead, so did I move the engine mount? If so, how do I move it back? Thanks in advance.

RC Racer
    I had the same problem ,i got through numerous airfilters and carb inlet as it used to chew through my airfilter through to the carb inlet... Very annoying. It was basically caused by landing upside down on to the cooling head following unsuccessful jumps/ flipping. It caused the chassis to bend where the engine mount was attached.you may be able to bend it back in to shape but i ended up buying a new chassis instead but unfortunately did it AGAIN, grrrrr! Here, see my previous thread regarding it:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...e-this-problem

RC Racer
    Thanks alot!

RC Qualifier
    strip it, get it in a vice and bend that puppy back into shape, its real easy, while its apart pop a 36t sput in there for that extra bit of room, i have about 2mm clearance between my neck and spur, it used to rub something awful.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC Racer
    do you know if the chassis part # 5322x works on all revo 3.3s or just the new revos? And did you end up buying a brace? sorry to be a bother but i'm pretty much a noob.

RC Qualifier
    if you have a standard 3.3 revo that chassis will fit just fine, i run a brace, i think it helps a lot.

Really though, your old one will bend back just fine, spend the money on a worthwhile upgrade instead.

If you have the older 2.5 chassis then this will fit but you need some extra parts like longer shafts and servo links to make it fit. My revo started life as a 2.5 and an extended chassis and 4 engines later its still top spec.
    Last edited by revomikey; 04-09-2012 at 11:36 AM.

RC Racer
    Ok, will try to bend it back. How do you know where to bend it back to? What is your brace called? sorry for all the questions. Thanks
    Last edited by dh3.3; 04-09-2012 at 11:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    just put it in the vice by the engine mount and bend it downwards, if the filter is rubbing then it means it has bend upwards, kind of like its folding, you need to force it the other way. its a real easy job.

The brace is this part:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Brace-Revo-33

RC Racer
    thanks a lot! life saver!