Thread: Water pickup

RC poster

Water pickup

Put a transom water pickup on my boat to try and cool down the motor. I also put an aluminum water jacket. Here is my question, i ran a larger tube to the jacket first then to the esc. then out. Is this cool? I figured the esc was NOT getting hot so i ran the fresh water to the motor first. I dont have a duel outlet so i did this. I just have my rudder intake shooting out a small bent tube right now. Looks like a jet ski. Hoping the new jacket and larger tube will keep it cooler????? What you guys think about the esc getting the water second?

RC poster
    Guess I'll just run the heck out of it and see...

RC Qualifier
    Generally speaking the ESC will run cooler than the motor, so it is common to run to ESC first, then to motor. The theory being the water leaving the ESc will only be slightly warmed and have lots of cooling ability left to strip heat from the motor.

I would suggest, in reality, as long as you have adequate flow through the cooling loop it will probably still cool OK.

hog

RC Racer
    I would pick up anouther water outlet. The are cheap insurance! Lol

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshad View Post
    Put a transom water pickup on my boat to try and cool down the motor. I also put an aluminum water jacket. Here is my question, i ran a larger tube to the jacket first then to the esc. then out. Is this cool? I figured the esc was NOT getting hot so i ran the fresh water to the motor first. I dont have a duel outlet so i did this. I just have my rudder intake shooting out a small bent tube right now. Looks like a jet ski. Hoping the new jacket and larger tube will keep it cooler????? What you guys think about the esc getting the water second?
    Why dont you get another water inlet and outlet so you can have the rudder tube running to the esc, and the transom mounted pickup running to the motor?

RC poster
    TRying to find one. For some reason im having trouble

RC Racer
    E bay has lots of inlets and outlets!

RC Enthusiast
    Yea you can get them just about anyware. Bonzi sports, offshore electric etc.

RC Qualifier
    Get the aluminium ones. I reckon they look much better.

Instead of

Slash 4x4
    Spartan
    Stampede
    Rustler x 3

RC poster
    Thanks guys. found one and ordered