RC Enthusiast

Slash 2wd Tire/Wheel Upgrade Recommendations

I am looking to upgrade the stock tires and wheels on my brushless Slash 2wd. I am looking for recommendations for 2 different sets of tires and wheels, a set for an outdoor asphalt track and another set for an indoor dirt track. I'm not opposed to going with something other than the stock size 2.2/3.0 tire and wheel combination even if I need to make some changes to allow a different sized wheel to fit on the car. Please let me know what has worked for you. THANKS!

RC Racer
    split six rims work great

RC Champion
    Proline split six rims with Proline Street Fighters for the asphalt.

Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Racer
    +1 for the street fighters on ashphalt

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the responses so far. I hear good things about the Pro-Line Street Fighter tires, so those will be given some serious consideration. I tend to like chrome on wheels, so I am considering the Pro-Line Chrome Renegade Bead-locks with the Street Fighters for asphalt use.

What tires seem to work best on the dirt tracks...I've been looking at the Pro-Line Trenchers. Any opinions???

RC Racer
    I have Trenchers on split six rims . They will bite on any surface . I ran today from mud , gravel , pavement , wet grass and concrete in a skate park . Only the wet smooth concrete felt slick - but I dont think anything would grip that .

RC Racer
    Are the Street Fighters better than Anacondas?

RC Qualifier
    what kind of dirt is the indoor track ? loose hardpack clay ? or you could have a look around the pits see what people are running .