RC poster

Slash or Stampede`/

Hello everyone,
    i am very interested in the slash 2wd VXL 1/10 and the stampede 2wd 1/10 VXL

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/66663/

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/87862/

Which one is stronger?
    Which one is a better jumper?
    How fast is the slash?

thank you!!

RC Champion
    I'd say each of those are just as strong. They'll both do really good jumps.
    They'll also both go about the same speed.
    However, I think the stampede will be more stable around corners, and it will have more ground clearance for rough terrain.
    I guess either truck would be just as good....
    flip a coin, maybe?

RC poster
    thank you, would u agree that it is more... buy the stampede if u will be using it on rough terrain, if not get the slash?...
    what can the stampede do what the slash cant?
    what type of speed in mph am i looking at (stock)?
    Thank you

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    How many of these threads have you started? Theres gotta be one in each forum then 2 here...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Duplicate threads have been removed, please post a thread only one time.

IMO the Slash wins for durability because the body covers all the suspension giving it added protection.

The Stampede wins as the jumper though the big tires make for great landings on bug jumps.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    How many of these threads have you started? Theres gotta be one in each forum then 2 here...
    yer soory about that i am new here and dont no much about it, it wont happen again!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Duplicate threads have been removed, please post a thread only one time.

IMO the Slash wins for durability because the body covers all the suspension giving it added protection.

The Stampede wins as the jumper though the big tires make for great landings on bug jumps.
    Sorry about the duplicates, i am new here and i dont no much where i should be post general questions like this and still get an honest answer!!, it wont happen again!

thanks for the reply, is the 1/10 slash 2wd VXL brushless the right slash with a budget of 300/$450?
    What can the slash handle in terms of, height of jumps, top speed, and generally driving it off ramps and stuff?
    thank you

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JEKing11 View Post
    Sorry about the duplicates, i am new here and i dont no much where i should be post general questions like this and still get an honest answer!!, it wont happen again!

thanks for the reply, is the 1/10 slash 2wd VXL brushless the right slash with a budget of 300/$450?
    What can the slash handle in terms of, height of jumps, top speed, and generally driving it off ramps and stuff?
    thank you
    The slash will be very strong over jumps. I have not measured, but they can take some seriously high jumps and hard landings.
    With a stock battery, you're looking at a top speed somewhere in the ballpark of 35-40mph. If its the vxl
    They're great bashers they are extremely tough.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    VXL's don't go 35-40 with stock batteries. They go 30-35... with a 2S lipo and some taller gearing they can hit 40-45 but not with the stock pack or stock gearing.

The Slash is a great truck, but its tires limit its off road abilities and as dad said, because the tires are smaller you loose a bit of overall ground clearance. Its also a bigger truck and as everyone knows, what goes up must come down. So you end up with more weight hitting the ground. The body covering the wheels is good because it protects the wheels but the body itself takes more abuse and those bodies are not cheap to replace.

The pede on the other hand has more ground clearance thanks to its larger tires, its lighter as well... but its tires are exposed. So they are more susceptible to breaking castor blocks and carriers. however, the body is better protected and its cheap to replace.

As always, my vote is for the stampede VXL... with a few minor upgrades it can be a very very tough basher. It as fast as the slash and IMO can handle larger jumps thanks to the points I mentioned above. Its also a tiny bit cheaper. With the money you save, buy a set of aluminum castor blocks.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    VXL's don't go 35-40 with stock batteries. They go 30-35... with a 2S lipo and some taller gearing they can hit 40-45 but not with the stock pack or stock gearing.

The Slash is a great truck, but its tires limit its off road abilities and as dad said, because the tires are smaller you loose a bit of overall ground clearance. Its also a bigger truck and as everyone knows, what goes up must come down. So you end up with more weight hitting the ground. The body covering the wheels is good because it protects the wheels but the body itself takes more abuse and those bodies are not cheap to replace.

The pede on the other hand has more ground clearance thanks to its larger tires, its lighter as well... but its tires are exposed. So they are more susceptible to breaking castor blocks and carriers. however, the body is better protected and its cheap to replace.

As always, my vote is for the stampede VXL... with a few minor upgrades it can be a very very tough basher. It as fast as the slash and IMO can handle larger jumps thanks to the points I mentioned above. Its also a tiny bit cheaper. With the money you save, buy a set of aluminum castor blocks.
    A good solid opinion there, i was more looking at the slash because of the build of it. Me and my mate drive nitro buggies and truggies aswell and because they have the exposed wheels on his first bash he broke an axel and t-bone (something like that), that is what steered me away from the stampede and the wheely when u tap the trottle would get on my nerves.

With $50-$70 could i buy the things to provent the problems i have typed ^above^ such as a wheely bar or something.

If i jumped a ramp at 40-50 with the stampede a landed on 1 wheel or on its back (any bad landing) would anything happen?

thank you.

All the slash needs for more ground clearance is just change the suspension settings and get bigger tires. The slash will handle corners better, jump more level and land flatter then the stampede b/c of the longer wheelbase. Plus the chassis on the slash is extremely strong where as the stampede is outdated. The Slash VXL comes with a TQi radio, the slash 4x4 bellcrank steering with integrated servo saver and heavy duty driveshafts where as the stampede does not.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 04-08-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC poster
    sounds good i think i am looking at the slash more than anything now. anyone got any other suggestions?
    thanks

RC Champion
    Just check out youtube for slash durability and the extreme bashing it can take. You can reinforce your body several ways. Spray on bedliner, shoe goo and drywall tape. I love my slash 4x4 but it is a dog in grass compared to a pede. It sure does land better and handle alot better as well.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I own both trucks and they each are fun in their own way. If you want something that will drive on pavement and dirt roads and bash jumps easily the Slash is your truck. If you want to be able to drive on grass, larger rocks, and almost any terrain the Stampede is your truck. Both can be modded to fit your driving style as they are basically the same truck minus chassis, tires, steering and body. The rest is nearly the same truck.

The Slash can become a Monster Truck with a few tweaks. Look in the Slash 4x4 forum and check out thedreadedends S.U.G.A.R. thread, yeah its a 4x4 but you can practically do the same thing to a Slash 2x4. Add bigger tires, put some preload on the shocks, change the body or trim the stocker and there you go.

The Stampede can also become a more stable truck. Add the Slash ProTrac kit which widens it, and cuts down on body roll. This truck has tons of raw popping wheely power. This truck also has tons of body options, as its been out for many years. If this is something you'd like in a truck go for it.

BTW. Slash guys are going to recommend Slashes, and Stampede guys are going to well um...... You know. I'd say all the guys that have responded have or do own both trucks. Which they have the most awesome advice and knowledge on them.

I like them each for what they are capable of, i don't dog one over the other. To me if you can take the truck out and have an evening worth of fun its all good. Speaking of, I bashed both of these trucks yesterday and had a blast doing it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I own both trucks and they each are fun in their own way. If you want something that will drive on pavement and dirt roads and bash jumps easily the Slash is your truck. If you want to be able to drive on grass, larger rocks, and almost any terrain the Stampede is your truck. Both can be modded to fit your driving style as they are basically the same truck minus chassis, tires, steering and body. The rest is nearly the same truck.

The Slash can become a Monster Truck with a few tweaks. Look in the Slash 4x4 forum and check out thedreadedends S.U.G.A.R. thread, yeah its a 4x4 but you can practically do the same thing to a Slash 2x4. Add bigger tires, put some preload on the shocks, change the body or trim the stocker and there you go.

The Stampede can also become a more stable truck. Add the Slash ProTrac kit which widens it, and cuts down on body roll. This truck has tons of raw popping wheely power. This truck also has tons of body options, as its been out for many years. If this is something you'd like in a truck go for it.

BTW. Slash guys are going to recommend Slashes, and Stampede guys are going to well um...... You know. I'd say all the guys that have responded have or do own both trucks. Which they have the most awesome advice and knowledge on them.

I like them each for what they are capable of, i don't dog one over the other. To me if you can take the truck out and have an evening worth of fun its all good. Speaking of, I bashed both of these trucks yesterday and had a blast doing it.
    Thanks for the reply, is the slash fine on short mowed grass, like in the park and yard?

RC Champion
    Yeah it works great in short grass.

Quote Originally Posted by JEKing11 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, is the slash fine on short mowed grass, like in the park and yard?
    Yep really short manicured grass, otherwise you will be cutting lines the width of the Slash throughout the yard. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

You get more for your money with the Slash VXL like I mention in my previous post. Plus you can convert the slash in a bandit,rustler or stampede. Might as well go with the one that has the upgrades.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Plus, dont forget you can drive on water with the slash.

No sure what mods are needed for the slash but its on youtube. Haha.

I have a hybrid between a mini slash and merv. So whatever i say about this topic doesnt really matter. But i will be buying a 1/10 slash 4x4 in the near future. If that tells you anything.
    Define Spam...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileybrett View Post

I have a hybrid between a mini slash and merv. So whatever i say about this topic doesnt really matter. But i will be buying a 1/10 slash 4x4 in the near future. If that tells you anything.
    sounds cool

RC poster
    I have done some research and i found out that the rustler vxl is better off road and it is faster, how is it in terms of how strong it is?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileybrett View Post

There are vids on youtube with slash 4x4's skimming the water over 50+ feet...

RC Champion
    Same as the slash....extremely strong. All these trucks we're talking about are extremly durable.

Plus they can all be converted to one another with a handful of parts. How much fun is that??? LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    I have the rustler vxl and i love it, tons of fun for on road and off road basher. IMO its all about the driver and what you wanna do, i have looked into the stampede 4x4 and the slash 4x4. i love bashing on and off road more then racing so the pede will suit me better. All depends what you wanna do. Or you could always get the p4de and convert it to a truggy and back to a p4de if you wanna have the best of both worlds.

Thats just my 2 cents, hope that helps and doesnt make your choice harder

RC Qualifier
    I have a 2WD slash and a 2WD Pede...Slash has yet to break a single part and trust me....Ive bashed it everyday since purchase and Ive prolly put it into a 5 or 6 turn cartwheel that started at about 6 feet of air and then landed front bumper first. The pede I broke 5 mins into the first pack without hitting a darn thing! BUT...Like noted before with the bigger tires of the pede its easier to land and wont cartwheel as much. the slash turns better but it rolls more. There both fun as all **** but really depends on what your looking to do with it. Bash or race? The pede is cheaper the slash handles diffrent there both amazing(Huge traxxas fanboy) but what do you wanna do with it? If you wanna customize it Look into what you would wanna do with it. Look at prices of parts between them(alot of them are same acrossed the board) and you can also make both trucks just look SEXY!
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Thanks for the replys, is the averange 4x4 slash (not the platinum or any upgraded editions) durable. i have asked alot about durablabity, but some people have been have said that the stub axels bend, is this true? And also people said the bearing r really bad because they rust

RC poster
    what is the best website for a used 4x4 slash?

RC Enthusiast
    I would go with a 4x4 then 2wd. Try the market place section, maybe you can find a good deal

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    ive got a ready to run 2wd slash about a month old for 210 shipped if you cant find a 4wd
    RustlerVXL&Nitro
    Jato 3.3
    Spartan
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    heres a slash 2wd roller thats got a lot of aftermarket parts for you and if you pay more he will trhough in a castle esc and a ytacon brushless motor or you can buy the setup you want
    Extended P2de and Mini Summit

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda0872 View Post
    heres a slash 2wd roller thats got a lot of aftermarket parts for you and if you pay more he will trhough in a castle esc and a ytacon brushless motor or you can buy the setup you want
    r u talking about boyer1986's reply?

RC Qualifier
    no sorry forgot the link here ya go
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Ultimate-SCT)
    Extended P2de and Mini Summit

RC Racer
    i have a nitro stampede