Axial Beadlock Question?
I have pretty recently bought a set of Big Joes and Axial Beadlocks. I havent really got a chance to run them today. I noticed my piviot balls where backed out alot!!! and the pivot ball caps where loose. One of them fell compeltely out!
Has anyone else experianced this from switching over from stock? I never had any issues with this when it was stock. Only thing I can think of is ballancing, I didnt ballance my big joe and axials.
Also I noticed that the inner beadlock was cutting/rubbing on the front a-arms (RPM) mainly where the tie rods mount up. I did notice it on the back but I think thats from being loose/having lots of slop.
The pillow ball caps will work themselves out over time. With higher speeds or more vibrations, it happens faster.
I generally snug them up every half dozen runs.
Your pillow balls should not be unscrewing themselves.
No cutting with my rockster narrow beadlocks.
The fronts seem to be cutting into the a arms simply from turning and some of the adapter slop. The rears got cut into because of the slop and loose pillow balls!
Its just bizare that the one completely backed out! Everything was tight when I installed the BJ's and Axial's. I have ran it on the street a couple times since, and the gravel lot bashing today with the new wheel tire combo.
My Axials cut the bottoms of my a-arms also. It wont cut it enough to hurt it. They will just make room for themselves and then it will be fine. The stock wheels on my e-revo almost cut my a-arms into with the tight turning steering stop installed but it quit once it made room for itself.