RC Competitor

Unhappy e-revo lipo charging problem.

Hi all,

I was charging my traxxas 11.1v 3s lipo with my Venom Lipo charger. I had it plugged in and it was doing a balance charge. I had both plugs in correctly. I then left and a few minuted later a alarm sounded and the charger said that there was a cell voltage error. I looked and saw that one of the cells read 0.00 volts, another read 7.49 volts and the last cell read 3.84 volts (correct). So i started it again (with sandbags a temp probe and a large pot) and it went back to 3.84 volts per cell. Then again in a few minuted the same cell volt error appeared. what happened?

Here is what my setup is.:

5a charge rate
    3s 11.1 v lipo (traxxas)
    Cell 1= 0.00 Cell 2= 7.49 Cell 3= 3.84
    I am using a venom lipo charger, worked before ( not first use) Hooked to AC power at 11.12 v input from wall

is one of the balance wires broke or not attached?
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    that's what i thought but i checked them and they are all connected properly. the wires do not appear to be broken.

RC Qualifier
    My charger often says the same thing alarm goes off says break in cell...I move it to another port and it charges fine. Run them down come back plug them into that same port that gave me a break in cell message and the battery charges fine odd right.
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    I will try that and i guess it will be ok that there are different amounts of voltage/ capacity in each battery because thay are linked to one plug, right? thanks