RC Competitor

Smile whats the good and bad of nitro and the good and bad or electric?

i have to pick what do get i want rather the slayer or slash 4x4 but please no fanboys of nitro or electric i want to know whats better.

I have had both. When i got my first slayer on the 2.5 chassis i really didn't like it at all, never could get it to handle right (traction roll hardcore no matter what i threw at it).

The limited driving i have done with the slash 4x4 i much prefer it over the original slayer.
    How much better is the Slayer Pro 4x4 ? someone else will have to handle that one.
    Mine isn't done yet
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    I have a slash ultimate and a Jato. The convenience of electric is nice if you don't mind waiting for your batteries to charge. An 11.1V lipo really makes it come alive. However, the Nitro Jato screams. It's simply a beast when tuned properly. I personally find that I go for the Jato alot more often then the slash. I just love the smell of nitro fuel burning and the scream of the engine as it zips by doing over 60mph. User preference but I love my nitro vehicles. They can be a bear to tune sometimes but I don't mind wrenching either.

RC Racer
    I've never had a slash but I've had some electric trucks and cars.
    I don't like waiting for batteries to charge and walking around with extra batteries and it goes slow when batteries are dying, but they are probably more reliable. Just plug and play.

Nitro can be a pain to tune if you don't know how to tune. Some engines are touchy tuned great at noon then little off at night. Glow plugs and gas will start costing money. But I'm a hardcore nitro guy love the sound and always ready go with adding more gas.

It may make up your mind too depending on where you live. Here in Southern California my nitro's are pretty consistent with the weather. If you live where it snows then you might want electric.
    Revo 2.5r, Slayer Pro 4x4 Picco .26 max.

RC Qualifier
    Im with RockoutRC on this one. I live in So Cal and dont have to deal with the cold as much. So tuning is not that big of a deal for me. Electric is cool if u just want to plug and play. I think it comes down to what your going to use it for. Track? If thats the case u also have to understand the track your on. I think the short tracks work better for electric where nitro's need a larger track. Depends on where u live, nitro will have the cops coming by your house. Where electric u can run any where. Im a nitro guy and need the sound of my engine in my ear. I have used a slash a few times on the track to test it out and it was fun for a few laps. Cost is about the same and yes u have to buy nitro a plugs more often than u have to buy batterys but have u seen the cost of lipo's and a good charger? Not cheap..

RC Competitor
    ok i made up my mind i got both i got a slash 4x4 and the slayer i owned a 2wd slash when it came out then sold it now went big bought all the lipo's and charger and nitro and glow plugs i think I'm set for the sand dunes yeah i got paddle tires also. SO SICK

RC Racer
    Oh wow both! lucky lol
    Let us know what you think man I'm curious on what one you like more!

RC Competitor
    I'm going to have to go with the electric it was plug and play the slayer i have to charge 2 batteries and had to break in the motor ran out of nitro and to top it off when i got back the rain was their so i just ended up using the slash

RC Racer
    awwwwwww lol
    WTB Slayer 0.o I would buy it from ya but no money right now =[