Hybrid View

RC poster

What truck should i buy?

Hi everyone, i would like to ask the owners of the following cars to give me some pointers with which one is most suited to me.

I am looking at the Slash 4wd 1/16 brushless, Slash 1/10 2wd, e-revo 1/16 brussless, rustler, Traxxas Stampede VXL.

I will be using it on short grass, grass fields, park, woodland (not too bumpy), skate park, track and i want to do some huge jumps with out having to worry about it braking.

I own a HPI trophy 3.5 and it is good, but it brakes alot so i am starting to think i should get a traxxas because they r very strong. Should i sell it for a traxxas? Please do not give me suggestions of anything over 300. Please give me some pointers.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JEKing11 View Post
    Hi everyone, i would like to ask the owners of the following cars to give me some pointers with which one is most suited to me.

I am looking at the Slash 4wd 1/16 brushless, Slash 1/10 2wd, e-revo 1/16 brussless, rustler, Traxxas Stampede VXL.

I will be using it on short grass, grass fields, park, woodland (not too bumpy), skate park, track and i want to do some huge jumps with out having to worry about it braking.

I own a HPI trophy 3.5 and it is good, but it brakes alot so i am starting to think i should get a traxxas because they r very strong. Should i sell it for a traxxas? Please do not give me suggestions of anything over 300. Please give me some pointers.
    The 1/16 Slash 4x4 is a good starter for Traxxas, but unless you're running a 3s LiPo you won't get much speed and performance out of it. The 1/10 Slash 2WD is a good basher, and more aftermarket parts than the 1/16s, because eventually you'll want RPM stuff on it. The E-Revo VXL is a good basher, a nice jumper, and good for the track, but you will need to stock up on A-Arms, axle carriers, bumpers, and wings (unless you use the wheelie bar). The Rustler is a wicked looking truck, a exelent basher, rips up the track, and if brushless, a wheelie king. Anacondas will be good if you are planning to run the Rusty on the road, and the wheelie bar might be mandantory on 2s. The Pede VXL is the best at the skate park, good ground clearance for grass, wheelieable (includes a wheelie bar, FYI), great on 2s or 3s, and (I think) can use Big Bore shocks. The Slash 4x4 might be one to consider, and is fully convertable to a Pede 4x4. GET THE ULTIMATE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Sorry, just the Slash 4x4 Ultimate is way better than the Slash 4x4. It saves over $170 on upgrades . Also I fergot to mention, the Slash, 1/16 Slash 4x4, and Slash 4x4 are all built for the track.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JEKing11 View Post

i just read this in another thread. now your going to have a million answers. but go with the rustler, or the stamped. again.

RC Competitor
    ANY slash should do what you are looking for.
    3 SLash's,B/L maxx,Hyper7,1/5 FG Monster,Crawler

RC Champion
    We already told you multiple times! get the rustler or stampede! Flip a coin!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    if your gonna bash it to the ground id go stampede 4x4....its above your price, but you wont regret it!
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC Champion
    For your price range pick up a good used merv here on the market place. Should be able to pick one up with some nice mods.

RC Enthusiast
    pede it all the way

RC Racer
    For Bashing I prefer the Slash 2wd VXL

Upgraded the Shock caps STRC, lunsford hinge pins, RPM Arms front rear,
    leave the shock position on the front default move out 1 notch on the rear traction appears in the dirt OMG!
    And if you mess up the shock shaft replace them with the Titanium coated ones throw on a little strongs springs not much
    20 + feet of cart wheels and plants and no bending since

What i've seen with 4wd bashing Drive shaft through gearbox massive issue considering i want to FLY LIKE A BIRD WITH MY SLASH.