RC Qualifier

Summit pulls to left

I recently put some new servos and a cc bec in. It is currently running with 2 toward pro 996r, but it does this with the stockers too. When I pull about 130 or more amps (tekin rx8), the servos jump to the left. I can physically see the wheels turn, so I know its not an alignment issue. Its not a battery amp issue either, they are spc 2s 8200 with plenty of grunt.

Im going to be digging into it tomorrow for a few other wiring options, but Id like some input from anyone else who may have some insight. I suspect Im getting a dirty signal from a brown out (from what, I dont know) and wiring the power directly to the Rx will help.

Im wired like this currently, except the signal and power is split from 1 channel to both servos @7v.

(credit to Scaniris for drawing this up)

RC Champion
    That's certainly bizarre, I love the drawing though! Tha tpicture shows only one 7950th or is that in place of your 996r?

Either way if it does it with the stockers as well, I would try two things:

Re sync the controller with the rx.
    Replace one part at a time until it stops - ESC, BEC, Servo, Motor... make sure it's not the RX freaking out.

RC Qualifier
    The pic is how Scaniris set up his rig. My set up is exactly the same, except his single servo wires are y-harnessed to the 2 servos.

I didnt think this was related, but another thread makes me think maybe otherwise. Tts rare but does happen more frequently when Im running a high amp set up. The truck acts like its out of range and shuts down for 10 sec. I loose all esc and servo function.
    Adds a bit more fuel to the brown out idea, but how on earth is the Rx getting low voltage when the steering servos are not powered via the Rx, and not under under any stress...

Side note, how many volts can the stock Rx handle?

6v maybe a bit more but risky. The evx is finicky if any servo is going or binding it can cause all sorts of odd behavior try the unplugging the micro servos and test run it.if it still happens its not them eliminate them from the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Evx is running in a slash. It has a tekin system. The bec is not fed into the rx. Only the steering servos.

RC Qualifier
    Problem 1. My CCbec is blown. It provides power but it cant connect to the Castle link.

Hooked up the servos directly to the Rx. Down on power as expected, but ran fine. After about 10 min my problem of turning left popped up again. Shortly after the Rx8 let out the magical smoke.

I wanna cry... But on the bright side, I have some new toys coming in the mail. Bah...
    Last edited by chapinb; 04-07-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Sorry I didnt read the post correctly working so much brain is getting slow
    I just got a rx8 esc myself so I hope my luck is a bit better

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    The esc is great. Never thought it would EVER been as smooth as it is.
    It fried due to operator error Iv found out.
    I plasti dipped the board and its seen its fair share of puddles and rainy days. Turns out i didnt slather enough on connector between the 2 boards. You can see some burnt plastic.

Ah yes the magic of water.... It's relentless it never quits working ,never takes a day off.where I am rain is a part of life in the fall and winter
    Makes for some nice scenery though

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried