Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

dual bottom water pickup

has anyone thought or is running one of these setups? looks slick but I wonder about the drag??

Dual Transom Mount Water Pickup Machined aluminum with brass fittings. Easier to install then through hull units yet works the same. Comes with stainless hardware.
    .8"long from transom(20mm), .84" wide (21mm), .97" high (24.5mm) $7.00 each

or the Dual Flush Mount Water Pickup

RC Champion
    Do yo have a picture or part # of the one you are referring to?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Drag shouldn't be an issue, unless your a speed freak. Some of my gas boats have 4 transom water pickups and they handle great. I'm sure it wouldnt be an issue. I have 4 total water inlets on my spartan, 2 in the rudder and 2 are mounted on the transom and she does fine. System stays ultra cool.

RC Enthusiast
    I wonder if anyone have tried the flush mount water pick up. (found on the same page)

RC Racer
    I'm wondering if these water pickups are more trouble than there worth! Considering the double hulls that our boats have, it would be a pain to mount them. I think you would be better off with the duel pickup rudder instead! Just my two sence! Lol.

RC Enthusiast
    I thought, maybe two on each side, just off the center, behind the servo. they just look a lot more "inviting" for the water to go in. it also looks a lot cleaner.. no tubes going in and out of it. or.. you can mount it on the trim tab.