RC Racer

thinking of trading for a Slash

Looking for honest opinions here . I was offered a 2wd Slash xl5 with big bore shocks , spare axles ,etc and a stock body and a proline desert rat body,unpainted . He offered all the slash stuff and $50 for my Losi aftershock nitro 4x4 . I figured the losi owes me $200-$250 as i have it . Think it would be worth it . I have a 2Pde vxl now and spare titan and xl5 esc , and lots of traxxas spare parts now .

RC Champion
    it doesnt sound like a bad deal to me.

RC Champion
    I don't think the slash xl-5 is worth 200-$250. If it was a vxl, then yes it would be.
    Is the slash 2.4ghz? That is a factor in this.
    It all comes down to if you would rather have a big 4x4 nitro monster or a smaller agile 2wd electric.

RC Champion
    the guy also offered 50 bucks. see if you can get another 20 out of him. upbasher is right though. which would you rather have?

RC Enthusiast
    You can get a used xl5 slash for about 150 shipped on ebay but he also has big bores, unpainted desert body ($30 shipped) and a few spare pieces.

What would you rather have, you'll prob be dissapointed with the speed/run time of the xl5 compared to nitro unless you do brushless/lipo. Plus the GHz controller/receiver is a must in my opinion.

RC Champion
    yeah the xl-5 will not be as fast as your losi.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    So does it HAVE an XL5 in it already or do you have to use your own. if it doesnt have an ESC/Motor its a terrible deal. If it does have an ESC/Motor is an OK deal (not great). If he tossed in an extra $20 (so $70) it would be a good deal.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    I said what the heck and went for it . It came with the big bores and aluminum casters 2 x xl5's and the titan 12t as well so I figure the values were close enough and I wanted a slash .. I put a velineon 3500 and vxl in it today(had a spare) with 2s lipo now to go for a bash around .

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansei View Post
    I said what the heck and went for it . It came with the big bores and aluminum casters 2 x xl5's and the titan 12t as well so I figure the values were close enough and I wanted a slash .. I put a velineon 3500 and vxl in it today(had a spare) with 2s lipo now to go for a bash around .
    Okay, well I hope you don't end up missing the losi nitro.

RC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Why would you miss anything Nitro???
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    I think I will be OK with a Brushless Slash for me and a Brushless 2Pde for my son . He will be running NiHM in the stampede (7 years old) for awile and I have 2s lipo for the slash . It came with a proline desert rat carnage edition body(unpainted and uncut ) and a proline body painted like the "general lee"(thats gotta go lol) RPM front arms alloy caster blocks and has a brace on the front control arms that isnt on the 2Pde , spare shocks , axles , gears and two TQ trans/receivers .

Agreed... theres nothing to miss about nitro. hehe. Sounds like a good deal. Im sure you'll love it. The XL5's are worth $20 each. With a working motor they'd be worth about $25... thats not bad.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Problem is - I save parts never know when a xl5/titan can get you out for a run - or pick up another rc roller with no electrics . Had it for a blast around the yard - not as crazy with the wheelies as the 2Pde . we are taking the both for a bash tommorrow if the weather is good . Tonite I started working on the desert rat body - going with a red , silver and black with carbon fiber roof and hood center .

Cool... I agree... its always good to keep a set of electronics around. Even just for bench testing servos and stuff. I always seem to find a place for them though then end up without any extras. Oh well...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    the slash is a little heavier than the stampede so wheelies are harder to get. is your sons stampede 2wheel drive?

RC Racer
    Both are 2wd . The slash will lift , but nothing like the stampede ( not a bad thing) .

RC Champion
    nice. i bought my son a 2wd slash.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Why would you miss anything Nitro???
    Hey theres a lot of people that like nitro. My buddy has a savage and I think its really cool!

RC Racer
    But not lugging a gallon of fuel , after burn oil , cordless drill , glow plug igniter and all the usual tools ( for both nitro and electric ) is a plus . A slash , stampede and batteries and tool kit is a alot easier . I love the sound of the nitro RCs but I love the ease of the electric RCs more .

RC Champion
    i agree. and you can get electric just about as fast as nitro in most cases. thats why i got my son a slash. all he has to do is throw batteries in it and go.

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    i agree. and you can get electric just about as fast as nitro in most cases. thats why i got my son a slash. all he has to do is throw batteries in it and go.
    LOL you mean you can easily get electric to blow past nitro without a sweat.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    I can say my slash will blow by the losi I had - it would be unfair to line them up . Maybe because I put a VXL esc and velineon 3500 motor on 2s , full protrac kit with thrashers and ( doesn't help speed) RPM front bumper . Not bad since I got it Friday lol .

RC Champion
    I can say my slash will blow by the losi I had - it would be unfair to line them up . Maybe because I put a VXL esc and velineon 3500 motor on 2s , full protrac kit with thrashers and ( doesn't help speed) RPM front bumper . Not bad since I got it Friday lol .
    Wow man you're fast!

RC Racer
    Impulse buy when I was @ LHS picking up a set of caster blocks for the stampede

RC Racer
    Sorry i said Thrashers - i meant Trenchers