RC Champion

Cool On-board Galaxy S2!

Haha, I found my old iphone 3G charged it up and realized... "this thing doesn't even have a video camera!!" so I jailbroke it, installed Cydia and recorded something like 640x480 15 frames per second onboard. It actually turned out pretty awesome!

So then I took my Samsung Galaxy S2 and mounted it, took it for a quick run and BOOM phone battery is dead. Uh yi yi after a couple hours of messing around I finally get it working and the battery dies, go figure.

I'll upload the vids and post'm here shortly, curious though - anyone else do this? A ziptie and a phone.. pretty simple!

RC Competitor
    That's a pretty good idea. I have a video time lapse feature on my Galaxy Nexus that turns out some pretty cool vids. Will have to try and anchor it to my summit somehow.
    Summit w/ TQi
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    I use iPhone 4 in Otterbox case, the clip for belt I use double side tape and secure it to the exocage. It works, but is very jumpy and bumpy. I wonder if a camera such as the Contour use image stable to make the video smooth? Or GoPro? but GoPro is so large, I like very small size of the Contour HD + camera, and can view remotely with added hardware. For less than $1,000 USD is a good deal to me!

RC Champion
    I was thinking it would be a much better idea to use one of those "face time" phones, and just mount it to the car and call yourself on another phone and you can basically "face time" the car, the range on that is far greater than any FPV I bet. Then have another camera or two on the car recording hd!

RC Champion
    I'm taking off but here's the link for when it's finally up - will be up by 7pm est, sorry youtube is taking forever to process it
    Last edited by krallopian; 04-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.

RC Champion
    Sorry for another post but I can't edit my last one.

I've recorded a few more videos, but they aren't anywhere near online yet. Uploading yesterdays again - youtube was messed up yesterday and not only did I upload the video twice, but the second time it didn't show that I had uploaded it AND it wasn't giving me thumbnails or links or anything.

It appears to be all fixed up today - the uploader is functioning correctly - and here's where the new upload will be:

I'm going back out now to record some more!