Thread: summit slipper

RC Competitor

summit slipper

Just got my summit an I decided to pump it up with the tekin 2250 an rx8, well guess what my stock slipper smoked after two rips. Put a new one in part # 5352r an it smoked also, it did grab at first so I know it was adjusted correctly. Now I cannot tighten enough for it to grab at all. Im guessing you just can't run these slippers. Ive been told to get the robinson? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Warning: if you tighten the slipper too much, the pressure plate will deform and not allow adequate pressure.
    The same slipper is decent in the ERBE, so an upgrade isn't really necessary IMO. I run a T-Maxx brake disk, p/n 4964 as a slipper disk in my ERBE and find it has a bigger sweet spot than the three pads. I haven't smoked it with the MMM/2200 combo, so it should work for a Tekin.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    thanks bought the 5352r, actually had the x but i contact cleaned everything an only tightened dan til it had some good grab. video told me to tighten hard then back off won't do that again. Now truck can flip with throttle snap but does a nice smooth wheelie with a kinda fast smooth pull. Very satisfying!!!!!

thanks again

It's good to hear that your issues are solved.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Good to know that if you tighten up the slipper clutch to much the assembly can deform. I will def watch out for that.