RC Qualifier

Thinking about getting one

Without upgrading my emaxx that much, I added up some numbers and it's already close to $600. Thats almost as much as a summit. The new one is so cool and looks awesome. What are some recommended or necessary upgrades. Also what is the best price you can get one. Last, how fast will it go with two 2s lipos?

RC Champion
    I got mine for just over $550 new from my LHS.

I haven't upgraded a thing and it's awesome! It doesn't go so fast that it destroys itself like my Mini E-Revo, but it's all around tough tough tough! I got the red one - was the only one in stock - and it's gorgeous imo! I haven't even cleaned it once and run at least 10 times with it, flipping, pushing rocks, high gear, low gear, all kinds of driving and it's totally awesome.

I def recommend getting some lipos off the bat though, I haven't yet and I hate nimhs performance. That's the only thing, upgrade to lipos! There =D

RC Qualifier
    About 21mph on 4s. The Summit doesn't need any upgrades out of the box. (Accept LiPos, but from my understanding you already got some. The most common upgrades are the DeWalt 14.4v and a single servo setup. The DeWalt is by no means necessary, but people still love 'em. The DeWalt costs about 30dollars. A single servo upgrade is great, you often get more torque, and metalgears. You can get good servos for about 60dollars and up.
    This is a signature.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    From a guy that pulled his mini Revo out of the box and installed RRM arms, steel hollow balls, and a new servo.... as well as tore it down to shim it before it even hit the dirt as personal "requirements":
    The Summit only requires LiPo's for better run times.
    Other than that... upgrade as you break.
    I am going with a single servo... more for 4WS than anything else.
    I will replace the 775 with a DeWALT when it decides to go...
    Other than that, I plan on keeping it stockish.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    One of the few vehicles around that "needs" nearly nothing to do what its meant to do exactly as advertised. Ive done a few things her and there to my summit but only because i wanted to, not at all because I needed to.

Biggest change you can make would be the single servo... thats a really good one. Motor is fine stock. The new ones have a built in LVD so theres no need for an alarm. Axles are strong, tires are excellent for medium speed trail running and crawling. Gearing is perfect... whats left to upgrade? Get the light bar, its cool.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Does it bash good? Also why is the single servo so good?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Its not really a "basher". Its a trail truck/crawler. I mean, technically thats bashing it its own way. But not like crazy jump bashing.

Single servo is good because the dual servos don't REALLY have that much power together (250oz total) and they don't centre great. So, they tend to work against each other alot. Eventually that leads to one burning out.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Ok, thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    I just installed my light rack last week. It is cool

For me the only other 'required' upgrade was a set of stronger springs, mainly due to the 8200 mah lipo's I run. I found the rear end hanging up on terrain that i was trying to crawl over frequently.

Blue up front, purple in the rear, and while I was at it I put some heavier weight shock oil in to help the back end from squatting too much under acceleration. I think it's pretty dialed in now considering I still have good articulation to help get over and around obstacles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Get one, I've picked up a couple for $300 and under used.

RC Qualifier
    dont think - buy haha... poison....

RC Qualifier
    The problem is I want other rc cars and planes too!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that I will probably have all the RC's I want... eventually.
    I just need to decide which ones I want first.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Yep

need 10 characters