Thread: Feeler thread

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Feeler thread

Wondering what a brand new 2X4 slash roller with body and servo and wheels/tires, transmission etc etc. Brand new, could come in its box... it will have never been used. Missing radio, ESC/Motor and battery. Everything else included.

Whats this worth?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    what body and xl5/vxl

XL5/VXL doesnt matter... theres no power system so they are exactly the same.

The body could be any of them... I havent bough the truck. Im trying to figure out if its cheaper to buy a slash and part it out to get a VXL system or if its cheaper to just buy a used VXL system off the forum.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Maybe $150 for the roller from what I've seen. It would probably be worth more in pieces.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    IMO... I wouldnt buy a used VXL system. You honestly know how bad it was beaten or how much life it has left. I know new is not cheap in any way but you're better off and at least Traxxas will honor the warranty 100% w/ no issues.
    Like I said... in my opinion.
    Backslash Or Bust!

I won't be buying a used one. Ill be buying a new one taken out of a VXL truck... I've got a line on a few already. But if its cheaper to part out a truck and take the system... ill do it that way. So far, I'm not seeing the value. I think ill just buy one from a fellow member.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I'd say about $125 for the roller. The VXL combo can be had for about 120 bucks new on ebay if you're patient. Consider the hassle you'd save selling one roller as opposed to selling a bunch of different parts. If the difference is small enough, I'd rather make one sale than five....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Thats what I was thinking... but even easier is just buying the VXL system and not even worrying about it all... I was just curious what you guys thought it would be worth. Sounds like were all on the same page.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ