RC Racer

Cover Over Rear Arms and Axel

Does any one make a cover over the axel and rear arms to keep stuff from getting wedged in between them? I run mine on gravel a lot and it always seems to get rocks in there. My axels are pretty chewed up on my slash from this.
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Racer
    I am thinking about just putting a little piece of metal in front to act as a guard to see if that helps.

RC Champion
    yes try that.
    You can probably make a custom axle and arm shield out of duct tape because it is easy to shape.

You can also reverse the shafts so rocks and debris falls out instead of getting stuck in there.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    This is what I have done to prevent debris from entering the shafts...

Tymia frog axle covers

Plug holes with putty

"enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I'm sure if you looked around Lowe's or something, you could find some kind of similar boot to use. If I recall correctly, orca paid a pretty penny for his. Also, you could perhaps zip tie some lexan angle pieces to your arms. I always save all my scrap lexan when I cut out bodies for weird uses like that.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    Yea thats what I was thinking if I get time tonight Im going to look around my basement for some scraps. Orca, I'm not sure if your set up would prevent the issue that I am having. I think I should have said drive shafts instead of axels, because mine gets bound up lower on the shaft. That's why I was thinking just a piece of metal in the front and in the back of the arm would work.

RC Champion
    You could get the RPM shock guards. It won't cover the whole arm/axle, but it would help. You may also see if the Pede 4x4 arms would fit on the rear and get the shields with them.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmrjptou View Post
    Yea thats what I was thinking if I get time tonight Im going to look around my basement for some scraps. Orca, I'm not sure if your set up would prevent the issue that I am having. I think I should have said drive shafts instead of axels, because mine gets bound up lower on the shaft. That's why I was thinking just a piece of metal in the front and in the back of the arm would work.
    Sorry about that, after reading the follow up's, I see what you are looking for is something to protect the shafts that can be mounted to the "A" arms to protect the axle shafts from debris etc getting in there.

I like that idea, today I will experiment with some lexan and or small angle aluminum to make a guard.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis